1970 Imperial Crown coupe

olds

Reaction score
Is is my very rare 70 Crown coupe, only 254 made.. all original including paint and inside..

ok rear.jpg

ok front.jpg

resized_REAR VA.jpg

oOOh, that is so nice. Love big Imperial coups. What's the story behind the car (if you don't mind sharing).

Very rare indeed! 10 more than in `69, they didn`t even make the sales brochure. If I`m not mistaken(maybe someone can clarify this) I don`t think the 2 door crown was available in `69 til midyear, but in `70 they at least were included in the sales brochure. Nice ride by the way,been keepin an eye out for a two door for years.

Very nice, I'm with the others, tell me more.

I bought this car from a mopar parts dealer 7 years ago in CT, he had decided to not dismantle it as it was too nice..
I even have the original invoice with 65 Imperial trad in also original mortgage from nov 1969.
Car doesn't have rust, even original vinyl top..
My wife just has restiched the top of the seat as they were begining to fall appart, I did put a rechrommed rear bumper..
Car doesn't even have AC or tinted windows..

Ditto. NO a/c...what's up with that?

AC was an option on the Crown, along with almost everything else. This model was for the low budget buyers who didn`t want the options of the Lebaron but wanted the looks. Kinda like a plane jane Newport instead of a full load Newyorker.Seen a 4dr. crown years ago with no options except for powersteering and brakes! It was owned by a elderly mennonite couple so it had a radio delete plate as well.

My `67 Crown Coupe has no a.c. either. Man the grille on this `70 is amazing, like a sculpture.

On the orignal invoice it says AC : Edit waiver,, to me it mean that they removed the AC from the order..

AC was an option on the Crown, along with almost everything else. This model was for the low budget buyers who didn`t want the options of the Lebaron but wanted the looks. Kinda like a plane jane Newport instead of a full load Newyorker.Seen a 4dr. crown years ago with no options except for powersteering and brakes! It was owned by a elderly mennonite couple so it had a radio delete plate as well.

I know Crowns were for the "economy minded" man, but I just can't imagine laying down bread like that (big money in '70) without pitching in for the A/C as well. This ain't no Toyota Celica we're talking about.

I know Crowns were for the "economy minded" man, but I just can't imagine laying down bread like that (big money in '70) without pitching in for the A/C as well. This ain't no Toyota Celica we're talking about.

I'm originally from Wisconsin, rarely did I see a car with A/C up to about 1976.

Back