1970 Imperial Crown coupe

I'm originally from Wisconsin, rarely did I see a car with A/C up to about 1976.

Did it not get warm enough in Wisconsin (before 76') for people there to want A/C cars??? I dunno just asking....I cannot remember ever being in a car with no A/C.

Did it not get warm enough in Wisconsin (before 76') for people there to want A/C cars??? I dunno just asking....I cannot remember ever being in a car with no A/C.

Maybe 90 degrees a hand full of days. Lived 3 blocks from Lake Michigan. Again rarely saw cars with A/C. Everybody rolled windows down.

Maybe 90 degrees a hand full of days. Lived 3 blocks from Lake Michigan. Again rarely saw cars with A/C. Everybody rolled windows down.

I guess I've been living in an alternate universe or something....my father tells me his "old" mopars (63', 64', 66') even had A/C...and then there was this really cool 70' Polara.....with a/c....all in New Jersey.

I guess I've been living in an alternate universe or something....my father tells me his "old" mopars (63', 64', 66') even had A/C...and then there was this really cool 70' Polara.....with a/c....all in New Jersey.

Obviously not in Wisconsin... I was 21 in 1976, drove B & E bodies since 1971, I didn't know but a handful of old guys that had A/C, a few Cadillac's & Lincoln's. C-Bodies weren't even on the horizon for me in those days. I'm sure somebody had a Dad or Grandpa that had a C-Body with air. You just didn't see a lot of cars with A/C in Wisconsin in those days.

Obviously not in Wisconsin... I was 21 in 1976, drove B & E bodies since 1971, I didn't know but a handful of old guys that had A/C, a few Cadillac's & Lincoln's. C-Bodies weren't even on the horizon for me in those days. I'm sure somebody had a Dad or Grandpa that had a C-Body with air. You just didn't see a lot of cars with A/C in Wisconsin in those days.

Hey, I believe ya - full tilt.
I guess its obviously different depending on what region of the state one is located as well as maybe the era too. I didn't "really" get into cars until the mid-late nineties and I confess my first love was a Pontiac Trans Am until I saw the car I just uploaded. Yup, took a picture b/c it made me forget all about the trans what? A sweet 71' 300 with high back seats, gorgeous interior and looked to be bone stock at a car show. I will also confess until I came across this website I thought I knew a lot about Chrysler/Mopar corp. I now know I don't know squat, esp. after reading some of these other posts (the body style conversation comes to mind). But that's ok, I always love learning something new about these cars I'm driving.
oh, this car had a/c too, but it was a jersey car if you can make out the tag:toothy6:

1971 Chrysler 300.jpg

Hey, I believe ya - full tilt.
I guess its obviously different depending on what region of the state one is located as well as maybe the era too. I didn't "really" get into cars until the mid-late nineties and I confess my first love was a Pontiac Trans Am until I saw the car I just uploaded. Yup, took a picture b/c it made me forget all about the trans what? A sweet 71' 300 with high back seats, gorgeous interior and looked to be bone stock at a car show. I will also confess until I came across this website I thought I knew a lot about Chrysler/Mopar corp. I now know I don't know squat, esp. after reading some of these other posts (the body style conversation comes to mind). But that's ok, I always love learning something new about these cars I'm driving.
oh, this car had a/c too, but it was a jersey car if you can make out the tag:toothy6:

I was quite humbled by the guys with "real knowledge" about Chrysler/Mopar Corp. on this site too. Some with 40+ years working/restoring/ and even putting a 4 speed in a C-body. I too don't know squat compared to these guys.

By the way, I love the 69-71 Imps and 300's. I think they had the best styling and performance. Just my opinion. All the cars on FCBO are nice.

By the way, I love the 69-71 Imps and 300's. I think they had the best styling and performance. Just my opinion. All the cars on FCBO are nice.

Yeah, I'm right there with ya. I really admire all Chrysler cars, but the fuselage cars really catch my eyes. I love sitting behind a long, flat hood with a big block rumbling along underneath it.

Back