1. 69monaco

69monaco Senior Member

0   0   0

Contact Seller
    • Like Like x 2
  2. luigi164

luigi164 Active Member

0   0   0

Nice Newport, with 2 different licence plates ? The one on the front is not the real one I suppose ?

3. 300rag

300rag Grumpy Old Man With a Hat FCBO Gold Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

By the sticker on it, it was a registered vanity plate at one time. Maybe it was what was on the car before they got the historical plate currently on the rear and he still wanted to make the statement.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  4. live4theking

live4theking Old Man with a Hat

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Very nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mrfury68

mrfury68 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Very cool looking Newport. Just the right appearance with the Magnum 500s , RWL tires, no vinyl top and bucket seats with console. I like it.

6. 3C's & a D?

3C's & a D? Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Holy crap! That's a beauty! Looks nice parked on grass, kind of tricks the eye.

7. 70_NPORT

70_NPORT Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Very nice Newport, though them granny tips are just not working for me. And its "sure grip"....ugh.

8. Sport Lux

Sport Lux New Member

0   0   0

The granny tips are referring to the exhaust tips? I'm guessing here. And to what does "sure grip" refer? I'm trying to learn some of the lingo here, lol. I'm just starting to work on my '70 300. It's been a field car for the last 30 years and I don't ever get to see other examples of these cars. I just found C Bodies Only, which has been awesome! I didn't know they ever even put bucket seats/floor console in a Newport. Anyways, thanks for your time...

9. Sport Lux

Sport Lux New Member

0   0   0

To what does Magnum 500's refer? Is RWL a brand or style of tires? I'm new here and trying to learn the lingo. I really like these without the vinyl top and with bucket seats myself. Just starting to work on my 300 with the same configuration. Thanks for your time.

10. 70_NPORT

0   0   0

Yep, to each his own but those "bent down" chrome exhaust tips are severe eye sores on an otherwise very handsome set of wheels to my eyes. "Sure Grip" refers to the rear differential.....Chrysler marketing version of GM's "Posi-Traction", or Ford "Traction-loc", AMC "Twin Grip" and so on and so forth. Different names, same function. Yes, plenty of Chrysler Newports came off the assy lines with bucket seats and floor consoles; these were NOT just limited to Chargers and Road Runners, Cornets and Super Bees. In the fuselage years the Newport/300/New Yorker automobiles are just the same cars....only optioned out differently.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sport Lux

Sport Lux New Member

0   0   0

Ok Got it! Thanks for explaining. So is the sure grip desirable or..? Pro's and cons? My differential is completely removed from my 300. It will be one of the first things I deal with. I'm not going to be performing quarter mile times with the 300. Just curious though.

12. 70_NPORT

0   0   0

I guess it all depends on the individual. For some folks I guess it doesn't matter. Personally I like having it....for utilitarian and performance reasons alike. No SG diff in your 300? I guess depending how it was optioned from MA Mopar it's possible for that to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dobalovr

Dobalovr Being on the Cbody diet SUCKS! FCBO Gold Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Mopar Lingo 101

Poly - Refers to poly-spherical SEMI HEMI engines
    Sure Grip - Anti spin rear end and usually most desirable
    727 - Designation to the HD 3 Speed Torqueflyte transmission used in many of our C bodies
    426 Wedge - Not to be confused with the 426 Hemi engine - The B and RB engines are often referred to as "wedge" engines because they use wedge-shaped combustion chambers; this differentiates them from Chrysler's 426 Hemi big block engines that are typically referred to as "Hemi" or "426 Hemi" due to their hemispherical shaped combustion chambers.
    Shaker - Fresh Air Intake system
    6 Pack/ 6 barrel - Refers to the 3x2 barrel carb setup available on 340's and 440's
    A12 - Package term for the lift off hood option available on 69 Roadrunners and Super Bees
    Tic Toc Tach - Refers to the in dash clock/tach available on 68-70 B Bodies
    Magnum 500's - Refer to a style of Sport wheel available as an option
    Recall Wheel - The W23 option code cast road wheels were originally offered by Kelsey Hayes through Chrysler on 1969 model year Dodge and Plymouth vehicles. On September 13th 1968 a recall was sent out by Chrysler to dealerships for these wheels. Due to the cast aluminum center of this wheel, lug nuts were prone to come loose, posing significant danger to drivers of these vehicles and others.The "Recall"wheels gained popularity quickly and the few sets of wheels that never made it back to Chrysler now command a high premium from enthusiasts.
    Rimblow - The stupidest steering wheel ever invented IMHO

Ok I am out this can go on forever but you get the idea....

• Like Like x 1
  14. 70_NPORT

0   0   0

"Rimblow - The stupidest steering wheel ever invented IMHO".

My old 70' Imperial LeBaron had that option. I actually thought it was pretty cool....... and THEN one day it quit working. UGH.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. boostedvan

boostedvan Member

0   0   0

That's one nice looking ride. Great colour combo, no vinyl top and buckets/console makes it stand out. The 1970+ Consoles are really cool!

16. Polara_500

Polara_500 Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Sure grip is desirable for 1/4 milers and show-offs, if you happen to take a sure grip equipped car out on a snow covered road you would likely question it's worth as it's tricky to keep it pointed in one direction. Some will say it improves traction but if the road has a crown or slants one way or another it can be very entertaining sitting on the sidelines watching (or frustrating if you're driving) and that goes doubly if it's a three pedal car.

17. 70_NPORT

0   0   0

can't speak for others
    I cant/won't speak for others but every SG rear car I've owned and/or had the pleasure to drive (many) were great in snow or less than tractionable surfaces BC of the SG diff, it really does makes a difference - but none were four spd cars so I would suppose that would add less than desirable element to the mix... still I'd rather have the SG than not in snow or "slickery" situations. As for the Show offs and 1/4 milers...... some of us are just gonna have some fun letting it all hang out every now and again.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mrfury68

mrfury68 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Magnum 500 was a wheel option available from the factory. RWL is short for raised white letter tire. Post some pics of your 300. We like pictures. Good luck with your project.

19. Rainy Day Auto

Rainy Day Auto Member FCBO Gold Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Such a beautiful car, only thing is the air cleaner is like someone scratching a blackboard.

On a car like this I would prefer turn down pipes with no exhaust tips.

20. MarPar

MarPar FA1 FCBO Gold Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Seinfeld George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn.gif