Status
Not open for further replies.

amazinblue82

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
1970 Newport 440

Still looking, would highly consider buying the right one (e.g., coupe only, running under its own power, not rusted to heck, in the continental USA, etc.).

PM me if you know of/have one for sale.

"Special" Editions, post #314

a9-png.png

Jeezes, Ray could you have picked a a rarer car.
Never heard of it till now.
And certainly never saw one.
Has to be rarer than a GT.

dunno boss on rarity, one sled vs. another. BUT, it would appear not many are left today. I have never seen one in the flesh .. otherwise I'd a bought one a long time ago

:thumbsup:

Since a 440TNT was optional on any Newport, I would think that would be even more desirable. Plus you could get one without a vinyl top which IMHO shows off the great roofline of the 2-door hardtops much better. TNT's are very rare in any Newport although I did have a '68 so equipped. I've never seen a '70 with one.

Jeezes, Ray could you have picked a a rarer car.
And certainly never saw one.
Who knows? We all could have been walking by one everyday in some parking lot in the 70's and never noticed.

I remember a new hire at a place I worked showing up with a S23 Fury. He was really surprised that I noticed and knew what it was. It was still just another car though... With snow tires.

(In before the purge)

Since a 440TNT was optional on any Newport, I would think that would be even more desirable. Plus you could get one without a vinyl top which IMHO shows off the great roofline of the 2-door hardtops much better. TNT's are very rare in any Newport although I did have a '68 so equipped. I've never seen a '70 with one.

all great points.

imp5.png

I'd take a TNT Newport ("U" code in '70, "K" in '69(?)) any day as well ... i like the "hot" V8's (383/440) in Fusies anytime I can find them.

So...You could get a 440 powered base Newport door slammer...but door edge guards were NOT available!!
Love it! Lol
Rare car nowadays.
Many had their vital organs donated to Cuda's Chargers and the like
I had a 77 Newport that was. ordered with 440 and tow package.

I have a '70 Newport with a 440, but I don't have a Newport 440. :)

When I had my license plate frame made I had it written 440 Newport in case someone thought I was claiming the Newport 440! I didn't realize there were so many who didn't know the difference.

IMG_2260a.JPG

:poke:I beg to differ: 440..350 hp E85 or E86? :p:)

How about a 1971 Newport with U-code? SOLD - 1971 440 TNT exhaust manifolds for sale.

The special edition that @amazinblue82 is hunting is special, and I'd love to see the cloth & vinyl interior included as part of the A67 package. In somehow related matters, in the regular Newport line, how about this 4-door 1970 Newport with a 440 that was listed on FB in Akron, Ohio last August? That turquoise beauty just sold after being discussed here:

NOT MINE - 1970 Chrysler Newport Sedan - $3,200 - Grafton, Ohio

sold 1970 Newport 440 4dr sedan 0821.jpg

Last edited:
The special edition that @amazinblue82 is hunting is special, and I'd love to see the cloth & vinyl interior included as part of the A67 package. In somehow related matters, in the regular Newport line, how about this 4-door 1970 Newport with a 440 that was listed on FB in Akron, Ohio last August? That turquoise beauty just sold after being discussed here:

NOT MINE - 1970 Chrysler Newport Sedan - $3,200 - Grafton, Ohio

View attachment 493620

I saw this one .. I could NOT confirm it was T, E85, A67 car. didnt have "Newport 440" badge. Neat car in any event.

I still want a coupe, A67, T code, 1970 Newp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back