For Sale 1970 Newport conv CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

barnfind

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I found this one out there today, reasonably priced? Looks decent from the pics.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/4820745355.html

Up for sale this week is a 1970 Chrysler Newport Convertible with a strong running 383 motor with a new factory correct 2bbl carburator. Power steering, power brakes, power top and bucket seats, make up the options to the car as well as a new windshield and rims. This car is totally stock and pretty darn straight for such a HUGE car. Someone took pretty good car of this car.
New timing chain and plugs and wires and fluids. New factory rare Chrysler 300 rims 15 inch and have been restored with newer tires with loads of tread.
The interior has factory bucket seats with a buddy seat in the middle, not a bench seat.
Engine has had a new water pump and timing chain installed professionally and the 383 runs great. The engine and trunk compartment have been detailed and are in great factory condition.
The whole car has been undercoated to preserve the cars existence from our Seattle rain situation. I found the factory build sheet that is rarely STILL in the car these days but I have it in one piece.
I have a NEW top for this car still in box as well as the correct piston hoses that go from top pump motor to piston rams. I may install this weekend.
The paint on the car is pretty good for how old the car is but if you are looking for show quality of a paint job you need to keep looking. Believe me, these cars are getting to be next to impossible to find in this kind of condition without being all hacked up of butchered.
If there are any questions or concerns about the car that you are wondering about, please email me and we can chat in detail about whats what with the car.

00O0O_dkW9o22aRhn_600x450.jpg

00G0G_zcUzZopDbf_600x450.jpg

00b0b_cFgJC8uQwVd_600x450.jpg

00q0q_9a82Bx6R2N_600x450.jpg

Nice color combo, I love that color interior ............. :eek:ccasion14:

hmmmm that interior in a Jubilee Blue Sport Fury Vert ?? :thinker:

I am actually really liking that color. What color is that? it looks like sunfire yellow as we have a 68 dart gts in that yellow.

Road wheels are cool, Buckets w arm rest, pwr windows very nice! Interior color looks great. I haven't seen anything in the 1970 options about the hood pins/ lock outs (dealer option?). Antique Ivory paint?

Reminds me of this 300, the color could be same? This car came to Finland a few years ago...

63.jpg

the 300 HT is DY3 cream, the Newport CV probably DY2 yellow

the 300 looks good without v-roof

Nice color combo, I love that color interior ............. :eek:ccasion14:

hmmmm that interior in a Jubilee Blue Sport Fury Vert ?? :thinker:

NO......!

What do you think looks better ?

White or Blue if not the saddle ? with the Jubilee blue ?
:eusa_think:

I'd love to get some input .......

Eventually I will plan on putting everything down on paper then do a photo shop rendering.

That's an inspection tag and the stamps are basically showing individual inspectors signing off on the car. Or at least that's what I've heard repeatedly.

Here's what I came up with

CE27:
Chrysler
Convertible

LOC210:
Jefferson Avenue, MI, USA

785: Sequence number

E61: 383 cid 2 barrel V8 290hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
DY3: Exterior Color
E6T5: Trim - Unknown, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Tan
FT6 : Int. Door Frames
320299: Build Date: March
006: Order number

V3X: Black Convertible Top
R23: Search Tune AM/FM Radio (5 1/2 Watts)
P31: Power Windows

C21: Center Front Seat Cushion

B41: Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum
C15: 70 only Deluxe Seat Belts

So the 300 and the vert shared same color from the factory...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back