For Sale 1970 Newport convertible on eBay (gold/gold/black top)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine. For sale on eBay. Looks like FY4 Mystic Gold exterior with E2Y4 vinyl bench and V3X black top. It could be FY6 Citron Gold, but to my eyes it's not green enough to be Y6. The car has A/C.

Assuming it's FY4, I'd say it's almost a twin of @c-barge's own 1970 Newport 'vert, except @c-barge's has been pampered whereas this one looks like it has had a much rougher life. The claimed mileage seems very low given the condition of the interior (the dash pad looks burnt, there is discoloration and some rips on the front seats, and the carpets need replaced).

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16002.jpg

s-l16003.jpg

s-l16004.jpg

s-l16005.jpg

s-l16006.jpg

s-l16007.jpg

s-l16008.jpg

Last edited:
This is a 123K car. On the bright side, it appears pretty solid and straight, still has factory heater control and A/C appears still connected, drum brakes with a washer bottle that appears intact. After 25 years of storage, it will need a lot of work. Full brake system rebuild, fuel system rebuild, tires, hoses etc. Current bit of $4751.00 with the reserve not met. I do not see this car going much over that given the long term storage and degraded appearance.

Dave

This is a 123K car. On the bright side, it appears pretty solid and straight, still has factory heater control and A/C appears still connected, drum brakes with a washer bottle that appears intact. After 25 years of storage, it will need a lot of work. Full brake system rebuild, fuel system rebuild, tires, hoses etc. Current bit of $4751.00 with the reserve not met. I do not see this car going much over that given the long term storage and degraded appearance.

Dave

In the end you will probably be right especially since the auction has one strike against it right off the bat. It has a reserve and cars with reserve sell at a very low rate. Same happens with cars that have a high opening bid which then get no bids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back