WANTED 1970 Only 15x6 All Silver/Gray Rallye Rims

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportFury70

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for 2 of these in this picture, 1970 only all silver/gray 15x6 rallye road wheels/rims MINUS the beauty rings and center caps. Could also trade my 15x7 rallye's I have for your 15x6's if that works too. If you have any and are looking to possibly trade please pm me, I could pick them up from you if you are going to Carlisle in a few weeks this July.

Located in Berlin, CT
Thank you!
20210614_194355.jpeg

Hi Eric, I have a pair of those, but there's a small catch. They are date coded 1979. I suspect they came off an AMC. They definitely were never chrome plated. I sanded down the silver paint in one spot and there's just primer and steel under it. The area that's normally inside the tire is beautiful on both rims. I'd gladly trade them and some extra cash for your 7 inchers. I'll post some photos later tonight. There's plenty of time before Carlisle, so no need to commit to a deal right away if you want to see if something else comes along.

Jeff

After I removed the trim rings it became obvious that they are Chrysler wheels. The pentastar next to the valve stem kind of gives it away. After a little research, I believe they are from a 1979 Dodge Diplomat. The part number on the wheel is 4126583, which would be from that time frame. My wheels originally had red or burgundy centers like the car in the photo. They also had trim rings that were shiny instead of brushed, which makes sense in order to get more contrast with the silver wheels.

Overall the wheels are in real nice shape, though would benefit from a trip through the media blaster to clean up the rust spots and get rid of the paint.

s-l1600.jpg

Previous owner painted centers cream, over top of the red.
IMG_0391.JPG

IMG_0394.JPG

IMG_0397.JPG

This one has a small rust spot near 6 o'clock, but it should blast right off.
img_0399.jpg

Here's the spot that I sanded down. I actually did this years ago looking to see if there was chrome hidden underneath the paint.
IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG

img_0398.jpg

img_0395.jpg

img_0396.jpg

Jeff

After looking closer at your photo, it looks like they may have changed the contour on the wheel slightly. It's hard to tell with the painted center on mine.

I'm going to give one of mine a light scuff and shoot some silver on it to make sure it's the same as the 1970 wheel.

Jeff

Hi Eric, I have a pair of those, but there's a small catch. They are date coded 1979. I suspect they came off an AMC. They definitely were never chrome plated. I sanded down the silver paint in one spot and there's just primer and steel under it. The area that's normally inside the tire is beautiful on both rims. I'd gladly trade them and some extra cash for your 7 inchers. I'll post some photos later tonight. There's plenty of time before Carlisle, so no need to commit to a deal right away if you want to see if something else comes along.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the offer, date code doesn't matter too much as long as they are all silver/gray and NOT have chrome and are 15x6. That said i'm interested. I will PM you. These are the ones we got, I do believe they are date code correct.....
20210607_073106.jpg
20210607_073057.jpg
20210607_190412.jpg
20210614_184530.jpg

They will be going on this car, an original survivor 22,000 mile 1970 318 FK3 Fury III 4-door Hardtop. As you can see the backs are already on we just need the fronts now to get rid of those black rims.....
20210614_194653.jpg

Since a 1970 Fury III could have been ordered with either W21 ([painted] Rallye Road Wheels) or W23 (Chrome Styled Road Wheels), and SportFury70 insisisting on the painted style, I assume the car came off the assembly line like that?

Since a 1970 Fury III could have been ordered with either W21 ([painted] Rallye Road Wheels) or W23 (Chrome Styled Road Wheels), and SportFury70 insisisting on the painted style, I assume the car came off the assembly line like that?

Actually no, it came off the assembly line with the 1970 hubcaps. The car came with the powder coated black rims in the picture when we got it but we are taking those off and putting on the rallyes in the picture to make it more period correct, and because my stepdad hates the black rims and the factory hubcaps

I'm having a hard time figuring out if the wheels are the same. I need you to check yours to see if you can feel a significant depression in the wheel or if it's an optical illusion. The wheel in your photo looks like it has about a 1/4" wide depression in the circled area. My painted wheel and all the chrome wheels I looked at don't really have much of a depression in that area, just a tiny bit from the die pressing on the metal. Hopefully my pictures explain the issue. The hand drawn picture is a cross-section of the wheels.

road wheels 1.JPG

road wheels 2.JPG

road wheels 4.JPG

Jeff

I set the wheels down on the shop floor, and all of a sudden the mysterious depression that isn't actually there appears. Going to have to say it's an optical illusion that comes and goes depending on how the light hits them.

img_0413.jpg

img_0414.jpg

Jeff

I told my stepdad about this, he says he is pretty sure that the contours are the same. I better took pictures of the rims......
20210622_101316.jpg
20210622_101306.jpg
20210622_110600.jpg
20210622_110551.jpg
20210622_101306.jpg
20210622_101135.jpg
20210622_100939.jpg

nice looking car. Rims will look great!

Thanks Ron, we sold one of our other cars to get it, this is as close to an original survivor as it gets. I will be posting a thread on it soon, please if you would like be on the look out for it!.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back