FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Is this for real? seems high$ for a really big project. :confused:
1970 Plymouth Fury | eBay
real.jpg
real2.jpg
real3.jpg

here it is in 1970 in los angeles.. ROADTEST MAGAZINE..
13151744_10101233792103163_5910684737567740556_n.jpg
13151936_10101233792547273_3319578169732232773_n.jpg

The pics from the trailer unloading seem to imply this is a very recent acquisition. Makes me wonder if the guy is just a flipper, or finally realized it is way beyond his "project" capabilities.

Somebody watches too much gas monkey garage, “it’s a holy grail car”

The pics from the trailer unloading seem to imply this is a very recent acquisition. Makes me wonder if the guy is just a flipper, or finally realized it is way beyond his "project" capabilities.
This is a member's car. One thing we don't do on FCBO is trash a member's car.

Oh, and yes it is one of the "Holy Grails", perhaps the most documented V-code Sport Fury GT in existence since it was a promo car. There is a black one that is being restored by another member here. If you do a search you will find the thread.

That car doesn't scare me.

Ok, if I had to do it within a certain time frame with all the other things in my life, it would scare me.

But if I were lost at sea and it washed up on a beach with a bunch of tools and spare parts, I'd welcome the challenge.

Neither. The original thread link was posted earlier.
Pretty clear option B, to me. (For whatever reason,) a restoration is clearly beyond the owner's capabilities, desires intent or bank account - however you choose to slice, dice or twist the story. My only point is a seller's motivation can be an important part of the buyer's perspective in the sale process.

Pretty clear option B, to me. (For whatever reason,) a restoration is clearly beyond the owner's capabilities, desires intent or bank account - however you choose to slice, dice or twist the story. My only point is a seller's motivation can be an important part of the buyer's perspective in the sale process.
No offense but you only know 10% of the entire story of this car and it's owner. No, make that 5%.

The seller's motivation is clearly described in the many threads on this car. He doesn't have to sell, and in fact I believe this one is now off the market. Overpriced? Depends on the buyer's perspective. Would you pay $25K on a burned up '66 Hemi Charger? Or $30k on half of a 440-6 'Cuda dragged out of a junk yard? I wouldn't, but I also wouldn't go to FBBO or FEBO and start criticizing the guys that would and could spend that cash. Since you only have one point, I will restate my original. We don't trash members or their cars on FCBO. Thanks, and welcome to the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back