For Sale 1970-Plymouth-Fury-FACTORY-SHOW-CAR-440-6-70-SPORT-FURY-GT 1970-Plymouth-Fury-FACTORY-SHOW-CAR-440

Status
Not open for further replies.

Factorial

Reaction score
Contact seller
s-l500.jpg

$18,999K :eek:

1970 Plymouth Fury FACTORY SHOW CAR.... 440-6 70 SPORT FURY GT | eBay

There is not enough beer in my state to think anyone will pay that much for a car in that shape.

It's way overpriced...and not for the faint of heart.
15K with all the parts, cost ya 30k to do it and that makes 45k
What would the exact same car be worth if it was in mint condition? At least 45k

What would the exact same car be worth if it was in mint condition? At least 45k

I don't think you could do that car for $30k...especially to a high level, but if you could $45k in this car that would not be a lot to have into that car.

How many years has this car been for sale? I can't think of one that has been on the market longer.

Dave

But he did single handedly bring attention to 6bbl GTs and GTs in general. Before Dan, no one was talking about them, if they were , it was very little

2 questions.

Where is there another one for sale?

What do you think it's worth?

Dan's a good guy and is very knowledgeable on Mopars in General as well as C Bodies. The car is priced so that he is not bothered by people that are not serious, dedicated GT fans. No one thought that any of the other cars he has listed for sale over the past few years would sell but they did.

lve had Dan help me out with a couple parts and was happy to have them....l hope this car gets restored..if it wasn't for Dan it would been crushed and nothin but a memory long ago...

Maybe the guy doing the 'special upgrades' to the imperial could buy this SFGT and work his magic on it.

I hope this car finds someone to bring her back to her previous beauty but the money aspect of this sport is ugly and unfortunate.

45K ???? .......... For a in mint conditioning 70GT 6bbl promo car ?
Talked with Carsten about that in Carlisle and we thought a collector would pay double for Dave,s 1970 blue b7 6bbl GT..............

But he did single handedly bring attention to 6bbl GTs and GTs in general. Before Dan, no one was talking about them, if they were , it was very little

While Dan did bring his cars lots of attention, there were others out there in MoPar land that owned V code GT's and we're restoring them before Dan bought the "Mitchell" car. His and my first 6BBL Sport Fury GT.

Dan's posts did fetch lots of press, and he was tenacious about asking for info. and finding cars and parts. Like myself and many others, Dan thought one good V code GT survivor would be discovered. It hasn't happened yet.

When I realized after 18 years of looking, that the likelihood of finding a numbers V code GT was not going to happen, I decided to avail myself to the market and bought "the black car".

I'm glad I did,....I could have bought it from Frank Mitchell for $2500 in 2001, but I was hoping to find the elusive matching numbers V code GT, which there are few.

So you get what you can, and what the market has to offer. There is one on offer at the moment, and it is worthy of being restored.

I believe that Dave Wheeler might listen to an offer near $85K for his V code GT,....but he wouldn't sell it.

Last edited:
While Dan did bring his cars lots of attention, there were others out there in MoPar land that owned V code GT's and we're restoring them before Dan bought the "Mitchell" car. His and my first 6BBL Sport Fury GT.

Dan's posts did fetch lots of press, and he was tenacious about asking for info. and finding cars and parts. Like myself and many others, Dan thought one good V code GT survivor would be discovered. It hasn't happened yet.

When I realized after 18 years of looking, that the likelihood of finding a numbers V code GT was not going to happen, I decided to avail myself to the market and bought "the black car".

I'm glad I did,....I could have bought it from Frank Mitchell for $2500 in 2001, but I was hoping to find the elusive matching numbers V code GT, which there are few.

So you get what you can, and what the market has to offer. There is one on offer at the moment, and it is worthy of being restored.

I believe that Dave Wheeler might listen to an offer near $85K for his V code GT,....but he wouldn't sell it.
Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back