For Sale 1970 Plymouth Fury III convertible (318, green, NC coast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr onetwo

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
This car has been discussed in several places.Price now $1700 on Facebook marketplace. PM27G0D158067

70 fury nc.JPG

Neither of those 2 cars are parts cars nor do either of them even require parts cars.

Neither of those 2 cars are parts cars nor do either of them even require parts cars.

All I'm sayin is that $5k one that the owner brow beat you over, didn't have any for interior panels left. Interior was stripped out completely, all that was left was the seats. Heaped in the back like the Clampetts. If you got this one for 1500 you could resurrect the 440 one that is more rare. Could be on the road fairly quickly if the running gear checks out.
Then work on the twin at an easier pace or keep it for spares.

$1700 is cheap - it go’s knows what I would even do with this. It would literally just take up space if I owned it. So I guess I’m out

So is this fury III convertible as rare as the other fury III vert that's for sale? I know this one has a small block so doesn't compare there, but I'm just talking production numbers.
Were there 250 fury III verts made in this year? with every option? Or were there more of the small block verts?

If this is just as rare as the 440 one it would suck to tear this up for the T code. kinda. worth it in my opinion.

1,952 Fury III verts in ‘70.

So is this fury III convertible as rare as the other fury III vert that's for sale? I know this one has a small block so doesn't compare there, but I'm just talking production numbers.
Were there 250 fury III verts made in this year? with every option? Or were there more of the small block verts?

Total production for 1970 Fury III convertibles was 1952.

When people realize 1970 was a last of the convertibles, they park them under a tarp and tell everyone they are going to restore it "one day". At the same time they quote crazy prices to anyone who actually would restore the car. The out come, a disappointed seller, a frustrated restorer wantabe and a pile of rust hiding under a tarp! LOL

To actually go through a full blown restoration, carefully estimate your costs and make a budget. Then double or triple the budget. At about the 90% complete point, tear up the budget and work a lot of paid overtime. LOL

In my case, I quit counting at $70K.
:rofl:

To actually go through a full blown restoration, carefully estimate your costs and make a budget. Then double or triple the budget. At about the 90% complete point, tear up the budget and work a lot of paid overtime. LOL

yup, we stopped counting at $70K (CDN$) on this B5 383HP 4 speed convertible

20180210_120652-1-1_resized.jpg

When people realize 1970 was a last of the convertibles, they park them under a tarp and tell everyone they are going to restore it "one day". At the same time they quote crazy prices to anyone who actually would restore the car. The out come, a disappointed seller, a frustrated restorer wantabe and a pile of rust hiding under a tarp! LOL

That’s makes my project seem even more daunting. Especially if you’re only looking for a good driver. Almost seems worth it to just find a clean example then trying to restore a car.

Granted - The end product isn’t the same!

That’s makes my project seem even more daunting. Especially if you’re only looking for a good driver. Almost seems worth it to just find a clean example then trying to restore a car.

Granted - The end product isn’t the same!
Don't be discouraged by the cost of a full restoration. In my case I need the car to be near 100% so that I can get in and go without worry of a breakdown. I'm just getting too old to do that crap anymore. LOL My first car was a relatively beat up 57 Ford 2 dr sedan with a straight 6 and three on the tree. First thing I did was pull the 6 and literally shoe horn in a bigass 430 Lincoln V8. The car was a blast, suspension, steering, brakes were all setup for a straight 6 so driving was "interesting". But it was fast and I loved it! I think cars like that are called sleepers!

Build a sleeper and enjoy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back