NOT MINE 1970 Plymouth RoadRunner 32,000 miles true V Code 4 speed $17,500 (FB)

68PK21 440.6bbl

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Should I? Should I? Shades of the crashed 'V' codes. On the FaceBook private group AMERICAN MOPAR MUSCLE & SWAP MEET so no public link will work but here's a screenshot and the photos.

1970 Plymouth RoadRunner 32,000 miles true V Code 4 speed.000.jpg

1970 Plymouth RoadRunner 32,000 miles true V Code 4 speed.001.jpg

1970 Plymouth RoadRunner 32,000 miles true V Code 4 speed.003.jpg

1970 Plymouth RoadRunner 32,000 miles true V Code 4 speed.006.jpg

1970 Plymouth RoadRunner 32,000 miles true V Code 4 speed.007.jpg

1970 Plymouth RoadRunner 32,000 miles true V Code 4 speed.008.jpg

1970 Plymouth RoadRunner 32,000 miles true V Code 4 speed.004.jpg

1970 Plymouth RoadRunner 32,000 miles true V Code 4 speed.009.jpg

1970 Plymouth RoadRunner 32,000 miles true V Code 4 speed.002.jpg

1970 Plymouth RoadRunner 32,000 miles true V Code 4 speed.010.FT.jpg

I saw that. Imagine driving off the used car lot with that and immediately smashing into a tree. Love the used car window call out "440-6 4-Speed".

Thanks for pointing this car out.
V codes with D21 are very difficult to find, especially in this condition.

I saw that. Imagine driving off the used car lot with that and immediately smashing into a tree. Love the used car window call out "440-6 4-Speed".
Yea I had the opportunity to trade my fresh bought $100 (1 small dent) 1968 Plymouth Fury III 4dr for a 1969 GTX with the 660 6bbl (I now know this was not a option for the GTX then) 4spd with the fiberglass lift off hood back in 1973. The guy that bought the car from the older brother of the guy I bought my first 1968 PK21 from had power slid the car into a parked Chevy Vega which ended up in flames full of Christmas presents. (Drunk off his azz)
I was working so much and was out of the loop with this Mopar family and it was someone in their neighborhood that bought it for I don't know how much, all I know was he was ready to trade straight up for my Fury III with the ask "Does it have good heat"? Since the RR quarter was bashed in so far that it shifted the wheel tub and broke the quarter glass causing the interior unable to be sealed thus the loss of heat. I test drove it, drove straight, clutch and gearbox were fine but headers & exhaust were cracked/rotted and loud and the day I went to see/drive the car it was lightly snowing with slick roads so I couldn't get on it and he lived in the boondocks with no Interstate close by to give the car a good run. I still had the 2nd PK21 with the 440 6bbl and decided do I really need another 6/9 mpg car..... No.

Well some people pay a lot for vintage documents in all types of subject matter.

Thats all this is. Some historical documents with a few marketable parts.

It will end up as a rebody that somebody wants a 130k for. Which is still a clone.

I would like to have the 4 speed parts for my coronet but I don't collect documents as a hobby.

It will end up as a rebody that somebody wants a 130k for. Which is still a clone.
Quarters, fenders, hood, floors possibly and maybe a trunk does not make a clone. Plenty of cars in this site have had that treatment but they are not clones. I wish I could get new fenders for my cars, I need to find a donor car for that.

Ok but while you are out dont forget to grab new front structure, that rear end looks to be 10-15 degrees out of square so may as well throw the rear structure in the basket and last but not least one of them 1970 440 six barrels.

I'd be happy with Satellite and old motorhome 413 nothing offends me but sooner or later your splitting hairs between driving a satellite under a new fender tag and the real thing. This one is pretty close but I would certainly not belittle the person that brings it back.

Someone installed the trans backwards
Did a double take on that trans, that's no hemi 4-speed. Actually an A-230 3-speed, looks like the year is right though. Would have been a sharp machine when new, low option sedan in FE5 bright red. May not be a C but some of us like all the mopar letters! :)

oadrunner-32-000-miles-true-v-code-4-speed-009-jpg.jpg

I don't care if it's a RR, not 17k for this!
I think it's nuts myself, but 68-70 chargers get even dumber money. One dude bought one inner fender, the firewall, half an A pillar and one rocker that used to be a Charger R/T for $13k.(It had the VIN and fender tag)

A V code4 speed RR is unique, and a potential money maker. Or someone loves the car and wants to make a dream come true, and has the bankroll.

I'd still rather have my fleet of scruffy C bodies.

Last edited:
That is one rare find these days. Big question is where to locate all the
needed parts? Bumpers grille and fenders is the first challenge, then extreme and extensive metal work.
A good candidate to spend house money on and only end up with a car to sleep in.

Back