1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT

we still have to fix the roof (rust underneath v top).
I have a new roofskin from an AZ car.

After we had finalized the accident repair I startet driving it.

I didn't put the windshield trim back on as it needs to be removed again for the change of the roofskin later on.

All floors, quarters etc ar still original rustwise and in great shape.
091.JPG
096.JPG

It is on the road since june 2017.
I have driven it to more than 20 shows already and put 5.000 miles on it.

Carsten

Thank you for the update Carsten, still hoping to see it in person at some of the meetings:thumbsup:

Nice repair, I can appreciate you wanting to keep as much original paint as possible. They say their only original once, but I do love shiny, new paint.

That’s a killer road warrior right there!:thumbsup:

yes, I didn't go to see it when it was for sale in the US back then as it seemed to be to rough.

I am glad it followed me to europe and checked it out when it was here.

Keep in mind we didn't do a restoration. What we did is just a solid repair in my eyes.
We cut out all rust etc and replaced it & fixed all mechanicals.
But I haven't used the best original sheetmetalparts as I also have a complete original Fury trunkfloor out of an AZ car etc. I am keeping those parts if I run into a EB7 blue SFGT that needs metalwork.

Meanwhile this red one makes a lot of fun to drive.
Best thing is: I can really use it and don't have to be afraid to get doordings when someone is parking next to me.

Carsten

. . . Meanwhile this red one makes a lot of fun to drive.
Best thing is: I can really use it and don't have to be afraid to get doordings when someone is parking next to me.

Carsten

Carsten: I have to agree about having another car to drive while waiting to acquire or get running the car of your primary interest. I've been driving my "parts car" for almost two years now, while working on my '66 300 convertible.

rip's parts car.jpg

54496497-770-0.jpg

Good to see you fixed my old car. I feel better about letting it go now. At the time it was too much for me. I have a VHS of the burnout before it got on the roll back. The motor was strong.

Good to see you fixed my old car. I feel better about letting it go now. At the time it was too much for me. I have a VHS of the burnout before it got on the roll back. The motor was strong.

thanks a lot.
yes, the engine is strong and it makes a lot of fun:steering:

Carsten

Back