1970 Polara conv. - exterior trim

Molez

Reaction score
hi everyone, I'm new on this forum.
I'm Davide and I have a 1970 Polara convertible but I need some help:
I'm looking for ALL exterior trim for my car, can someone help me? I think they are the same as the 2-door model. thank you all

Thanks Polara71 , yes I have written to Wyatt, he says that "not looking good " ... I can tell him some pics

Then Murray Park is your next call . He should also have all the clips you need. Those moldings also have a threaded stud ( probably two )one at each end which you will need.

Wait.... how are you installing these?

ok thank you for your help. I will try with Murray Park also.

I'm searching the molding because when the car was under restoration 20 yerars ago some are missing and the previous owner has decided to eliminate all

hi everyone, I'm new on this forum.
I'm Davide and I have a 1970 Polara convertible but I need some help:
I'm looking for ALL exterior trim for my car, can someone help me? I think they are the same as the 2-door model. thank you all

Welcome! I love your car, DL27L0D137248 -- it was owned by @FURYGT at some point. It is one of only nine TX9 cars, and an original superlite 'vert to boot! The last owner before you, Joe Bonnette, still has an album of the car on Flicker.

@71Polara383 and @polara71 would be your best sources of information here. As @polara71 noted, the previous owner got rid of the mouldings -- reattaching them may not be fun. Is there a reason why you want them back on?

I know, I remember the car before Joe owned it, the restoration he performed and its first shows. I loved the car and wanted it then and now. I was disappointed he removed the moldings.

Welcome! I love your car, DL27L0D137248 -- it was owned by @FURYGT at some point. It is one of only nine TX9 cars, and an original superlite 'vert to boot! The last owner before you, Joe Bonnette, still has an album of the car on Flicker.

@71Polara383 and @polara71 would be your best sources of information here. As @polara71 noted, the previous owner got rid of the mouldings -- reattaching them may not be fun. Is there a reason why you want them back on?
Be clear that those are built for US numbers.

When I was looking for my first one, a big block, superlite, disc brake car were my priorities. This car was the first one to come along to fit those needs but I couldn't look beyond the rust. Joe did do a great job with it. It needed metal talent which I couldn't provide ( and a pile of cash).

Lol yes .. so the car is just that :) and I "know" Joe and Sue. tha car and several works have been done on the car and I would to restore at all eheh

now all works very well in the car, cruise control, A/C and I have installing the heater, rebuilt the not matching 440...

It needed all of that? Really ?
yes after 20 years not to be in very good condition... the cramshaft was to be thrown away, oil leak from an ironing on rear block ecc

IMG-20200512-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20191223-WA0007.jpg

I wouldn't remove the headers and I restore a "compatible" air cleaner, (now the car has a 750 holley double pumper carb with a Mopar aluminium intake... it is a street setup) but...
the body side moulding? :)

How will you install the BSM?

The dual quad set up was impressive on that car. Too bad it didn't have longevity to the build.

Change the Fram oilfilter for a WIX ..........these Frams were not the best ...!!
You allready have a correct dual snorkle ?
I have to look , i think i have 3 or 4 of them.....if you,r interested.

Thanks for the advice.. ok Wix oil filter.
Mmm yes ! I haven t a correct dual snorkle . I'm interested in a correct one

Back