For Sale 1970 Polara convertible (burgundy 318, north of Edmonton)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine. Appropriately, my 2000th post is about a 1970 Polara convertible :)

Advertised on Kijiji in Strathcona County, Alberta, Canada. This G-code Polara 'vert was for sale last year: For Sale - 1970 dodge polara conv 8k ca$

Looks like it did not sell, as she is back and still has the same owner (for the past 12 years). The asking price makes is rather appealing (less than CAD 9k, i.e., less than $6.5k).

Does any of the Edmonton folks know about this car? @Welder guy -- you had said last year you might go look at it, did you? @polara71 -- do you have the tag?

$_596.JPG

$_595.JPG

$_594.JPG

$_593.JPG

$_592.JPG

$_59.JPG

Last edited:
Very snazzy, especially with the white top and seats. Not usually a fan of non-stock wheels, but these aren't bad...…. are those hood scoops stock? something tells me not, but I'm not sure what...…

[QUOTE="Imperialist67, are those hood scoops stock? something tells me not, but I'm not sure what...…[/QUOTE]

No. Somebody ruined a good hood. Need to add the cost to replace it to the cost to buy.

I never did go to look at it , but I would like to. The virus thing has shut everything down up here . There just now starting the first phase of opening things up.

If you do go, it'd be great to get a copy of the fender tag for the database. To be clear, I have two 1970 Polara convertibles already and am 100% not looking to add this one to the stable -- but the database could use another entry :)

Now, this other Polara 'vert, I might consider getting. More info would be great!

If you do go, it'd be great to get a copy of the fender tag for the database. To be clear, I have two 1970 Polara convertibles already and am 100% not looking to add this one to the stable -- but the database could use another entry :)

Now, this other Polara 'vert, I might consider getting. More info would be great!

I'm so anxious too see that tag

[QUOTE="Imperialist67, are those hood scoops stock? something tells me not, but I'm not sure what...…

No. Somebody ruined a good hood. Need to add the cost to replace it to the cost to buy.[/QUOTE]

Also missing the stock air cleaner and valve covers, after market coolant heater appears to be installed on the line to the heater, power cord wrapped around the hood strut. Low optioned car to boot. Why is the heat stove screened off, critters? Car shows over spray from a recent repaint.

Dave

No. Different car.

Al’s old car has been modded but looks quite different. This one is tasteful (minus the scoops). Al’s has been made into something I don’t like.

Guys this has been discussed several times already

What I don’t get is why the car does not sell. It is not original anymore, but at that price, it’d be a lot of fun to just enjoy.

It seems to me that @Welder guy had an in person look at the car and found some negative aspects that devalued it significantly but we should hear from him first I guess. I do like the Mirada rims on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back