For Sale 1970 Polara convertible for sale in Finland (EW1 white)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine. For sale on Netti.

@polara71 gets the credit for identifying this EW1/L2F4/318 with AutoTemp (ATC1) as DL27G0D132053, a former Florida resident that then spent time parked in NJ for a decade or so. She went up for sale on Salvage Bid in October 2018: @mdh157 is the one who alerted other FCBO'ers. She then went up for sale on CL in NJ in Nov. 2018. I talked to the seller at the time. He said that he had a salvage FL title. I passed after he stopped responding to my request for additional photos. The asking price then was $1,600. The asking price now is 7,900 Euros (about $8.5k).

c10d8c4c792c520b-large.jpg

Last edited:
Must be a broker that imports project material.
That or somebody was going to get a project and had health issues before getting started.

Not mine. For sale on Netti.

@polara71 gets the credit for identifying this EW1/L2F4/318 with AutoTemp (ATC1) as DL27G0D132053, a former Florida resident that then spent time parked in NJ for a decade or so. She went up for sale on Salvage Bid in October 2018: @mdh157 is the one who alerted other FCBO'ers. She then went up for sale on CL in NJ in Nov. 2018. I talked to the seller at the time, who told me had a salvage FL title -- but I passed after he stopped responding to my request for additional photos. The asking price then was $1,600. The asking price now is 7,900 Euros (about $8.5k).

View attachment 374468

That car is RUSTY . !

Is the market really that different over there? Huge swing in price.
Apparently. These guys do not care about original, certainly not like I do. What I mean by that is I'd rather go through the trouble of having the studs welded on for body side moldings where over there they'd be happy taping it on.

Apparently. These guys do not care about original, certainly not like I do. What I mean by that is I'd rather go through the trouble of having the studs welded on for body side moldings where over there they'd be happy taping it on.

it depends on the car and condition.
Nice or decent cars are treated very well and are usually looked after.
If it is just a very worn beater: they get used as raggarbils. Minimum work done to fix them up and drive them. No Attention to cosmetics.
Or no one worries about till they really start the restoration.

no joke: once really registered for the road cars are usally in better shape in europe than many cars in the US.
In germany you won't pass the technical inspection with cracked old rubber components in the front end or leave springs/chassis, no play of any kind in the steering. No Oil leaks are allowed anywhere.

From 9 out of 10 cars I imported from the US I had to rebuilt the brake system due to old components as well as the whole Chassis/front end.

Carsten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back