Reaction score
Contact seller
1970 Dodge Polara for Sale | ClassicCars.com | CC-804795

804795_23191285_1970_Dodge_Polara.jpg
804795_23191286_1970_Dodge_Polara.jpg
804795_23191289_1970_Dodge_Polara.jpg
804795_23191299_1970_Dodge_Polara.jpg
804795_23191288_1970_Dodge_Polara.jpg

I saw this ad last night and thought I should post it for discussion. It is for a 1970 Polara Convertible. A 318 car with little options but with 31,000 original miles on it. I drove up to see this car in Pottstown PA about a year and a half ago. At that time they were asking $200,000. Yes, two-hundred-thousand-dollars. All because someone had told them it might be worth that. This was Barrett Jackson run amuck . At that time I had told them the car may be worth fifteen to a handful of people, me being one of them.
This car is VERY solid, no rust anywhere and had been in a garage since the mid 80s when I saw it. The interior is excellent, original top , boot, well liner. Now they are asking 22 thousand and they have cleaned it up. When I saw it it had 30 years of dust on it.

When guys are looking for a solid car this is what they are looking for.

In contrast this one is in Nebraska for $4,500
1970 Dodge Polara

00F0F_4XOwtcPMXPZ_600x450.jpg
00Q0Q_77GQiFftPJp_600x450.jpg
00r0r_8BvHPJtwUyQ_600x450.jpg

This red car is dangerous to me, I want it. It would never leave the garage and so it would be somewhat useless to me.

Could you imagine owning 3 Red 70 Polara Convertibles, Polara Dave? Im drooling just thinking about it.

Barrett Jackson is a Massive Headache in the classic car hobby. Too many Naive Retards think there 4-Door is now worth 6 Figures.

Two of them are Burnt Orange but yes I could imagine..... Not much point in that however except another kid could lay claim to a car when I go

The Polara literally shouts for some cleaning and detailing. Nice condition, no reason not to drive it from time to time.

I first thought you'd simply not drive it to Keep a low mileage, but on second thought that's not your General attitude, so it's just too slow. :D

Dave, I feel certain you are better at the deal than I am. If you have to have it... I bet waving your cash will at least get you going on the transaction. On the other hand, the Nebraska car looks savable, if you "need" a project.

No, I love to drive the bucket seat car.... and I put miles on it. If I wanna puff up my chest and take out one of the nicest there is I take out Adleen. No need for the red car but damn it I'd like to have it

Nope, it's not a gotta have car. Those are all in my garage. If a white interior car shows up....then I'm doomed

Even though this car is very nice....

I like your blue car the best!

That is a very nice car, I appreciate your desire. Need is never a factor when emotion is involved. :thumbsup:

I got my Hemmings Motor News yesterday and there was an interesting article on full size cars written by Richard Lentinello. Basically saying that the large cars are starting to become more popular and companies are starting to pop parts for them. Good news for us, get some national publicity.

That is a very nice car, I appreciate your desire. Need is never a factor when emotion is involved. :thumbsup:

I got my Hemmings Motor News yesterday and there was an interesting article on full size cars written by Richard Lentinello. Basically saying that the large cars are starting to become more popular and companies are starting to pop parts for them. Good news for us, get some national publicity.

Not for Formal's. Except the air cleaner wing nut. LOL!:poke:

[QUOTE="shooter65,

I got my Hemmings Motor News yesterday and there was an interesting article on full size cars written by Richard Lentinello. Basically saying that the large cars are starting to become more popular.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed the trend to larger cars. Some factors could be the high cost to restore/purchase supercars these days and the fact that the guys, (like me), who bought and drove the supercars new are becoming older and wiser and discovering that you can have the same powertrain in a larger, more user friendly and comfortable car at a fraction of the cost.
A fellow about my age offered his 67 hemi Coronet R/T as straight up trade for Jazabelle at the Mopars at the battleship show this past Saturday. He said he thought jazabelle was "the perfect car" in type, size, color and engine.

[QUOTE="shooter65,

I got my Hemmings Motor News yesterday and there was an interesting article on full size cars written by Richard Lentinello. Basically saying that the large cars are starting to become more popular.

I've noticed the trend to larger cars. Some factors could be the high cost to restore/purchase supercars these days and the fact that the guys, (like me), who bought and drove the supercars new are becoming older and wiser and discovering that you can have the same powertrain in a larger, more user friendly and comfortable car at a fraction of the cost.
A fellow about my age offered his 67 hemi Coronet R/T as straight up trade for Jazabelle at the Mopars at the battleship show this past Saturday. He said he thought jazabelle was "the perfect car" in type, size, color and engine.
[/QUOTE]

Did you take the trade Will? :lol:

67 Coronet RT is my favorite R/T period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back