69monaco

Reaction score
Contact seller
1970 Dodge Polara | Classic Cars | Flin Flon | Kijiji

$_59.png

$_59.png

$_59.png

$_59.png

I was looking at this last night thinking it might be worth a look. Two reasons I won’t is that this is a 6hr drive from here (which is easy enough to do) secondly I took a good look at that roof and turned the add off.

Hmm.. $2475 USD for a solid, running car. That's really not too bad... Bet you could get it now for $2K USD.

"Vinyl top was removed a long time ago and some genius cut in a weird little hatch over the rear seats"

This car is a real plain Jane -- not even power brakes, as far as I can see. She has been modded, but nothing that can't be undone.

I wonder what the original color was -- could it be EA4 (see the last photo below)?If so, then @Big_John is right and $2k would be a decent deal for the car. One can dream, as the original color in all likelihood was some sort of gold metallic. A few more pics for posterity:

$_591.png

$_592.png

$_595.png

$_596.png

$_597.png

Last edited:
I'd be interested for sure. Flin Flon though. Never heard of that place. For a reason! But if you could arange shipping from Flin Flon and the by the mile was comparable to US. You would be into it for about what it would bring. In my area.

The worst part is that they just announced no unnecessary travel past the 53rd parallel in Manitoba. It’s on the 54th so you can’t even go there to inspect it.
Well just use a car guys definition of unnecessary. Problem solved. :lol:

We need more pictures of this one. That one shot of the floor looks great, the body looks straight; one weird dent on drivers door, and relatively rust free. It could have lots of Bondo, and definitely has a couple of layer's of paint. Roof is unfortunate, but way easier to fix than lower body rust! Bumper's look great too.

Yea I imagine the Covid is pulling people out of their cars an consuming them whole at the higher latitudes.
But then again if I go that far to see a car. I'm buying it. Maybe just so I have a way home.

I tried registering for that site but there is some glitch. May need a Canadian ip.[/QUOTE
Yea I imagine the Covid is pulling people out of their cars an consuming them whole at the higher latitudes.
But then again if I go that far to see a car. I'm buying it. Maybe just so I have a way home.
You can’t even do that. They shutdown the US to Canada border. We are all prisoners.

nice car , to bad the roof is f....d up . price reduction do to stupidity . did these guys install that in the roof . or their cousins , lol .
orangemonster-ad.jpg

Question for our Canadian members, especially (but not only!) the Yahoo board stalwarts like @Bill Larson, @kmccabe56, @Fratzog and @My70monaco.

1. This Polara was built with an F1F8 dark green fabricants vinyl bench interior. The equivalent US interior was L1F8. Was there a difference in the color of the door panels and dashboard between the two?

2. When was the last 1970 Polara scheduled build date?

3. The Hamtramck Registry has scans of the trim book for the US Polara. Is there an equivalent book for the Canadian models?

Last edited:
OMG.No Home Coming King Title for either one of those 2.But the body on that coupe is excellent.Except for the Poseiden Adventure Hatch option.These big coupes are great.Love the dash.B.B

If that car was built for the Canadian market it will have Fury II seat and door panel patterns. the codes may reflect that.
Canadian 70 Monaco's will have Fury III seats and door panels.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back