For Sale 1970 Polara Ragtop

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdh157

Reaction score
Contact seller
This is a repost of a car that was allegedly sold but apparently has not sold. In NY state. I have a contact name and phone # so anyone interested can pm.

9895.jpeg

9893.jpeg

9891.jpeg

9888.jpeg

Mud guards may look corny but they could be a good sign for a buyer. It might indicate that someone actually cared enough about protecting the paint to put them on.

I keyed more on the "trim ring" Magnum 500s on it. 14" wheels? Came with 15s?

CBODY67

Ford had solid chrome 15x7 Magnum 500s. Chrysler only had 14" Magnum 500s, in 14x5.5 and 14x6. Ford also had 14x6 solid chromes, plus many trim ring 14x7s in the '70s, as I recall.

The wheels on the Polara look good, even if they are 14" wheels w/drum brakes.

Ford made seemingly ten of thousands of 14x7 chrome magnum 500’s from 70-74. Then they made plenty of them after that with trim rings and painted spokes in the same size.

IIRC, the wheels were 14" OEM Mopar. I believe I even looked at the tire size.

The owner said he had a house on Otisco Lake and looking a little closer, that's the lake in the background. I know exactly where that is.

After a little back and forth with new v. old pics, I notice the plates are changed to the current yellow versions and the inspection sticker is missing from the windshield. This may mean the car has been registered and failed the NYS inspection.

I'm out of town right now, but I may take a ride past the house and take a look from the road when I get back. It's just a few miles from home.

After a little back and forth with new v. old pics, I notice the plates are changed to the current yellow versions and the inspection sticker is missing from the windshield. This may mean the car has been registered and failed the NYS inspection.

I'm out of town right now, but I may take a ride past the house and take a look from the road when I get back. It's just a few miles from home.
tenor.gif

Some pics I took mixed in with some that the seller's helper took.

Trunk floor was solid with some rust scale, but not needing replacement.

idYJKxC.mp4

Lz0P74u.jpg

Wq5Zu97.jpg

Pop rivet rust repair. I'd say this was a quickie repair, typical for the 70/80's. Looks like new metal over old metal. Probably not too screwed up underneath.

LN6kkRZ.jpg

Front bumper chrome.

RuQe1HJ.jpg

Trunk floor extensions from below. Typical rust, but looks repairable to me.

Q3GJyXS.jpg

LcSy0jm.jpg

Rear bumper
XZDSr9w.jpg

Bottom of quarter panel. Pop rivets.

BxY8I3g.jpg

Lower left quarter to rear pan.

8R6HCga.jpg

Over spray on seat belt. This is not an original paint car.

9uKF67l.jpg

Green steering wheel

LSwUjH4.jpg

567QIO5.jpg

Ouzc6S9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back