WANTED 1970 Polara steering wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which one? There were 5 different types?

73F961C6-7528-4F2E-99AF-FAA10C2BEADB.png

I was surprised to see them listed on the Rockauto site, but there were/are all Grant wheels; no factory ones.

Just checked out Hamtramck for the first time - lots of great info - Thanks! Unfortunately no fender tag on this car so I don't know what steering wheel it came with originally. I think standard wheel would be fine.

Steering wheels are not on the fender tags. Need a sheet or window sticker.

Last edited:
@St.John -- if I were you, and given the other options present on your car, I would guess that a rim blow wheel was not part of your EB3's original equipment. I would avoid both types of rimblow wheels anyways (one of which comes only on tilt wheels), as they both are prone to failed switches / material cracking issues — and replacements that work are as rare as hens' teeth.

Fort the other three choices, here are pics showing the looks on a 1970 Polara 'vert:

20G_13.jpg

innenraumpbcudtvkhi-jpg.jpg
(ignore the covering)

ee6974b7-6087-49ca-aef3-c15bb0a642a8-jpeg.jpg

The last one is Snow White. I still have the original black plain wheel, which I have replaced by a woodgrain wheel from a 1970 Monaco parts car.

Last edited:
The first and second ones were very common on all C bodies. My Newport had the second one. You can look at more than just Dodges.

70interior2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back