1970 Polara vert EV2 440 Public relations car

HIC wouldn't be my first choice. Not sure if it's a HIC but I've seen orange on a 71 Fury Gt with a white vinyl roof and sun roof. It looked great to me. If the polara was my car it would be restored to factory including the colour. Be prepared to tear your hair out convincing all the Mopar know-it-alls that your car came that way from the factory.

Hi Fred,

I know of five 71 SFGT in EV2.
One of them had a sunroof but a black top.

Carsten

I like that Navajo edition spring special fuselage with the special paint. I think a few of the HIC colors would look great on those cars.

I agree that the fusie body style works best with HIC paint, but when you come right down to it when these cars are done right they look good in any factory color. Put a EV2 next to a GY9 I'll like them both.

quoteNeed you guys help as I am rounding up parts to get this car into body this winter. It needs a new front drivers fender as the bottom 6 inches is just bondo. I saw this one pop up on ebay and it looks pretty clean, not the best but not bad. It appears to be a 70 polara piece but they are not sure. What do you guys think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Mopar-n...k=2&rkt=6&sd=190999302739&rt=nc#ht_2472wt_972

He needs those too . I would say the first one is a 70, could be a 71 but either will work.

I would try to buy one with original paint. So you (your bodyman) really knows what he is dealing with instead of finding rust/bondo under the primer

Carsten

Well I got the fender so that is on its way. Another question I have always wondered. I know my 69 L code polara has the C body HP exhaust manifolds on it. The 70 440 polara has different manifolds that look more like a log manifold. Do the 70's not flow as well? Has anyone ever tried the B body HP manifolds on a C body? I know they actually fit an A body dart (even though they never used them and had the special M code 440 manifolds) so I would assume there is more room in a C body? I have the stock 70 manifolds on this vert and will keep them but I have several sets of 69 HP B body manifolds and they look like they would flow so much better.

The left manifold is a C body only piece.. Your 1970 is a 350 rated 440. I would change them to a 1970 set of C body HP manifolds...personally

What is the part # on the HP one 291216 on drivers and 2899879 on passenger? So did the 350 horse engine come with the LP manifolds? Anybody got a set of 70 HP C body manifolds out there? I see the 69 manifolds are the same as the B body passenger side but drivers side has that big funky swing to the top of it like the M code dart manifolds. I know accurate used to use C body 69 drivers side manifolds and cut the bottom off and weld on a 2 1/2 inch tube to make the same output spot as the factory M code manifolds. Looked the same from the top but flowed better. if you can't tell I am an M code A body guy too as we have one of those.

But if anyone knows of any C body HP manifolds let me know as I saw a set a a swap meet here this spring for $100 and passed on them. I knew I should have grabbed those!

Anyone know if a 68-69 C body hp manifold will work on this car? I am guessing they changed it for some reason. This one is too much money but this is the manifold I seem to keep finding.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/68-69-Mopar...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43cf8e078e&vxp=mtr

Accurate exhaust lists the exhaust systems as different for this manifold versus a 70-71 but I was wondering if that is just the twist of the manifold where the biscuit goes on or if it actually changes the whole shape and will not clear steering?

Sorry for the delay in getting them. I had not had the car out as we had crappy weather but here you go.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Back