1970 SF grill installation

PPRCuda

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have got 1970 Fury III with SF grille. Looking for detailed pictures for correct installation and getting all parts collected. Please post pics if you have got any. Thanks!

furyrekka.jpg

No no, there is just SF grille without accessories installed. Need to get it work correct way and get figured out what parts are missing.

It looks like you have the complete hinged headlight door assembly. There is a headlight door motor assembly that mounts to the pillar for the hood latch and a rectangular spring steel shaft that goes thru the motor gear assembly. There are pair of v-clips that hold the shaft secure onto the headlight door assemblies. A factory sport fury has a relay above the parking brake assembly that controls the opening and closing of the headlight doors. Your car does not have the wiring for this so you will need to find a copy of the FSM that shows the sport fury wiring diagram and run the various leads yourself. The factory relays went obsolete over twenty five years ago and are hard to find and expensive but suitable Bosch relays can be substituted. A photo of a typical headlight motor assembly is attached, the one in this photo is from a '73 Fury which is the same other than the thumb wheel is smaller for this application. (Click on Mail.127pdf)

Dave

Attachments

• Mail0127.PDF
    736.2 KB · Views: 222
Also make sure the right headlight buckets were put in.Sport Fury Hideaways are different from plan Furys they sit farther back.

Thanks guys, headlight motor bracket is missing along with rectangular bar and clips. The rest came with the car. Relays are known issues. But I'll converted also headlights via relays. As well will deactivate factory amp gauge from cluster. Just in case.

How did parts acquisition/assembly work out?
I converted to 1970 hidden headlight grill
Grills 2.JPG

Grills 5.JPG

Grill Motor. I kept the center original vertical bracket.
SF Grill Motor 1.JPG

SF Grill Motor 7.JPG

Left side
SF Grill Rod LS 1.JPG

Right side
SF Grill Rod RS 1.JPG

Headlight buckets are different than standard
SF Grill Rod RS 2.JPG

Relay, lower left in pic
20171021_131911.jpg

20171130_160343.jpg

Last edited:
The vertical pillar under the hood latch is pre-drilled and all '70 Fury's use the same one, the motor bracket is the same on 70-71 Fury's, pretty sure the Dodges and Chryslers used a different bracket.

Dave

I did the conversion 5 years ago, so memory slipped away. I checked my notes and you're right, Dave. I corrected my post. Hope it helps @PPRCuda. Thanks, Ben

Thanks guys! I have got now also all the missing parts. Got them from seller (Tobias) as agreed.

Back