1970 SF GT 440 6 pack

This is Dave's car and it is on here quite often, from Carlisle pictures to this video even. I seen this video posted here a few times, and watched it about 10 damn times I think it is so amazing. This car is the only known restored 6 barrel Sport Fury GT on the planet right now, of course besides Trev's car being restored at the moment as well. The 1st time I ever saw this car was at the Carlisle Chrysler Nat's in 2016 in the "C-body Celebration" building, it is definitely something to behold. It's pretty damn beautiful, and freakin' amazing it is still here with the story it has behind it. I still have yet to introduce myself, and to meet Dave to tell him what a beautiful car he has! :)

There are 11 known VIN numbers for the Sport Fury GT 6BBL, and there are 8 actual cars known to exist at this time. Three of those are in the restoration process

Never-mind. From FuryPursuit in 2016. Maybe I was talking VIN numbers and not actual cars.

I'm pretty sure there are more than 8 known now. There are several under restoration. Interesting is that not a single survivor has been found yet, all of the known cars need significant restoration.

I'm pretty sure there are more than 8 known now. There are several under restoration. Interesting is that not a single survivor has been found yet, all of the known cars need significant restoration.

There are “survivors”, original #’s cars, they are just not well known, and they “needed” restoration.

But just making it through the 80’s & 90’s with their original engines is a major accomplishment, if not a minor miracle!

There are “survivors”, original #’s cars, they are just not well known, and they “needed” restoration.

But just making it through the 80’s & 90’s with their original engines is a major accomplishment, if not a minor miracle!

Do we have an exact number of how many are left Trev? I sent billyfury a message on this and he said he knows of 8 cars.

Yeah.Unfortunately those dryve trains were put into charger and challenger cars for rest,s and the rest of the car was junked and crushed.11 out of 61 is a bad survivor rate.Luckily those GT,s have a very fond clicke who care for them now.Part of the rapid transit promo from chrysler corp.B.B

Yeah.Unfortunately those dryve trains were put into charger and challenger cars for rest,s and the rest of the car was junked and crushed.11 out of 61 is a bad survivor rate.Luckily those GT,s have a very fond clicke who care for them now.Part of the rapid transit promo from chrysler corp.B.B

Those are known, not a bad survival rate. Not the best but not bad ...

Mark from Gaveyard carz on a recent
Episode explained the 440 sixpack set up
On an engine they had just did over &
The fuel was insane like 1350cfm’s if my
Memory serves me correct. More fuel than the dual 4bbl Hemi when full throttle.
Insane! Sixpack talk is something seldom
Discussed in the C body world. Great stuff.

Mark from Gaveyard carz on a recent
Episode explained the 440 sixpack set up
On an engine they had just did over &
The fuel was insane like 1350cfm’s if my
Memory serves me correct. More fuel than the dual 4bbl Hemi when full throttle.
Insane! Sixpack talk is something seldom
Discussed in the C body world. Great stuff.
It's not actually 1350 cfm, but it's still a lot. The outer carbs coming on is impressive, you can get up to 100 pretty quick.

A big single four on the same engine will produce more power.

The Holley 2300's were two barrels, their CFM rated @ 3 Hg, 4 barrels rated @ 1.5 Hg, correction ratio is √2 gives an equivalent 4 barrel rating of 954 CFM, still pretty impressive.

Wow.You guys are a smart bunch.The Boss 429 had a large 4 barrel and the gt40 had a large 4 barrel 427.Wonder if a 6 carb set up would have been better.B.B

Watching the video again today, anybody notice if the car has cruise control?

FB_IMG_1583962829204.jpg

Back