1970 Sport Fury GT TV Commercial (+other 1970 Chrysler ads)

Greg B.

Reaction score
I never saw a commercial for a '70 Sport Fury GT until now:

Since these are from the Canadian (CBC) network feed of the 1969 World Series, and Chrysler was a major sponsor, there are numerous other 1970 Chrysler ads in here if you want to watch. Fun stuff.

There are so many Chrysler Corp ads and sales training videos on YouTube it's unreal! MANY hours can be consumed following links on the right hand menu!!! Been there, not through doing it either!

There are some "On the Proving Grounds with the 1957 Chryslers" that were sales training videos comparing the performance of Chryslers to GM's "competition". Even some for Fords and Mercurys in the mix, too, in other videos. VERY enlightening!

The whole series of Chrysler MasterTech videos are in there, too. Either mymopar.com or the online Imperial Club's website has them. From the 1950s to about 1975.

As I said, MANY HOURS of Chrysler Corp vehicle videos.

CBODY67

Was that Morgan Freeman doing the voice over?

Theoretically possible I suppose (he would have been 32 or so at the time) but I don't think so. I love the background "Plymouth Makes It" music in this ad.

There are a couple of other C-body ads in this compilation. Here's one for the Big Dodge:

And here's the Chrysler "Your Next Car" ad:

Scattered in there as well are ads for the Challenger, Barracuda, Roadrunner and Dart, along with others.

Wow how things have changed.....bet some of those ads would never get past the PC police today.

I never saw a commercial for a '70 Sport Fury GT until now:

Since these are from the Canadian (CBC) network feed of the 1969 World Series, and Chrysler was a major sponsor, there are numerous other 1970 Chrysler ads in here if you want to watch. Fun stuff.

Did anyone happen to save this commercial? Whoever had it up pulled it off YouTube. I'm guessing the CBC contacted them.

Back