SOLD 1970 Sport Fury GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Multifury

Reaction score
Contact seller
My car. I had this on Ebay in the fall for those that missed it. Car is also on Cars-on-line (primary and long-term site).

I decided to shorten down the description but I do have a more lengthy write-up that goes into more detail if desired, but I am happy to answer questions too. I also have more images available, we my try to host them on Facebook later this week since the Imgur site has been somewhat problematic, however I can email some pics and a couple short videos I took as well.

Just fired it up last week, also there are a couple updates to the interior since fall.

Contact me on this site if you know of anyone with interest or call 515-664-0935

Jeff

1970 Plymouth Fury GT | eBay

It has an interesting Champagne vinyl roof color originally (kind of a light tan). Combined with yellow, that would have been a nice sight to see when new.
You might want to specify whether your car has disc brakes or just a disc brake master cylinder. Any additional option helps on that one.

Seems like an honest write-up.

Good luck with the sale this time.

It has an interesting Champagne vinyl roof color originally (kind of a light tan). Combined with yellow, that would have been a nice sight to see when new.
You might want to specify whether your car has disc brakes or just a disc brake master cylinder. Any additional option helps on that one.

I can crawl under and look or remove a tire to look at brakes, but to save my back would this be somewhere on the broadcast sheet or tag? My S/23 has a B41 code on tag for front disks, this tag doesn't, so I did not know if they were standard on the GT, I thought those were standard. Will do some more research, let me know what you might know. Thanks

It does have the bigger brake booster, had one of those rebuilt once, Karps?? Los Angeles I believe.

I can crawl under and look or remove a tire to look at brakes, but to save my back would this be somewhere on the broadcast sheet or tag? My S/23 has a B41 code on tag for front disks, this tag doesn't, so I did not know if they were standard on the GT, I thought those were standard. Will do some more research, let me know what you might know. Thanks

You can just peek under the front of the car and look towards the backside of one of the front wheels. If there is a metal shield there it will have disc brakes. If there is instead a backing plate with the edges of the drum visible, then it has drum brakes. "Heavy Duty" drum brakes were standard and disc brakes were optional. I don't see the B41 code on your data plate, so I also assume it has drum brakes with a disc brake master cylinder, although someone along the way may have converted them to discs.

Thanks, I will crawl under tomorrow and look. It does have the exact same brake codes as my S/23 on the broadcast sheet except for a dress up pedal. The s/23 has front discs front 10 drum rear. Will compare the two physically.

These appear to have disc brakes on front (not sure with car when built or conversion) codes appear to be identical as my S/23 on Broadcast sheet(it has front discs): at end of line 4 (build codes) front brakes have a 39, line 6 (sales codes) has a 4 or 41 under brakes (printer may have slipped). Will post modification to ad and photos later.

I like your car, see the manuals on the dash, I have those too!! Does yours have or had a white vinyl top?
IMG_1198.JPG
IMG_2121.JPG

IMG_2121.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back