For Sale 1971 Chrysler 300 4-door with factory console?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The interior has been messed with, as the seat covers at least are not original and should have been white if the door panels are assumed to be original. The rear springs sure seem to be sagging. Not very useful photos, but he claims "like new" condition and even the original trim (minus the ribbed insert) is still present - quite unusual. Also has vent windows, which is really rare on a 1971 model. If really appraised at $10K, why is he willing to accept almost half of that?

Last edited:
Another local car I've never seen. At least he has good photography skills.

IMG_20170716_113626.jpg

IMG_20170702_184358.jpg

IMG_20170702_111831.jpg

I have seen at least 15 1965-1971 Chrysler 300 4 door Hardtop with center concoles.. They are not rarer than hen's teeth.. I know of a 68' in Connecticut as we speak.

I have seen a 70 300 4door with console as well as a 70 Fury 4dr with console

The interior has been messed with, as the seat covers at least are not original and should have been white if the door panels are assumed to be original. The rear springs sure seem to be sagging. Not very useful photos, but he claims "like new" condition and even the original trim (minus the ribbed insert) is still present - quite unusual. Also has vent windows, which is really rare on a 1971 model. If really appraised at $10K, why is he willing to accept almost half of that?

Yes, seats should be white, looks like a repaint. "Appraisals" tend to be around double the actual value in my experience. Kinda like "insurance value".

I know the 68' 300 four door Hardtop could also be had with a console.I have a 68' 300 sitting here with Factory Bucket seats and a buddy center seat. A floor console was available to replace the buddy seat.

When on Craigslist has many a seller not said "like new"? At best we both know it is no more than a solid #3 from the pictures. Inspection could drop it but not likely raise it. I think his asking price is still too high for such a car.

1993 Honda Accord. Had small accident. Still running gd. - $500

I rest my case.

00g0g_7P2ebVHffuv_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
In 1971, the console could be ordered for $ 71.40 in all models that had bucket seats (standard or optional), as was the case in the 300 two-door hardtop and the 300 four-door hardtop.

That said, none of the other 1971 Chrysler model lines except the 300 offered bucket seats in a four-door.

I wonder what those seats came from. The plaiting on them is dead wrong. And why are the seats black, in a car with white door boards? Really odd. Not original at all, it seems.

I wonder what those seats came from. The plaiting on them is dead wrong. And why are the seats black, in a car with white door boards? Really odd. Not original at all, it seems.

Not original, agreed. My guess is the OEM white seats were re-done in a different pattern and with black vinyl.

That said, the re-do looks better and more intricate than the usual cut-rate jobs.

How does that pile of junk on the front hump qualify as a console? Looks like a fuel filter laying next to the light bulb.

That car may present better in person than we expect, but certainly needs inspection.
2 of my cars wear their original seatcovers. I can assure you all that I'd rather have these recovered seats than my torn originals!

That car may present better in person than we expect, but certainly needs inspection.
2 of my cars wear their original seatcovers. I can assure you all that I'd rather have these recovered seats than my torn originals!
Agreed, but don't pass them off as original, be up front that's all we ask. And don't try to pull off a console when it's nothing but debris.

Those are factory console brackets, linkage and the courtesy lights and wiring for the console. Yes, it looks like a stray fuel filter and a non-stock shifter boot. Floor shift 300s did not have a shifter boot. My guess is the console is gone and the current owner may have added the boot to hide the linkage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back