1971 Chrysler 300 with rust problem

Hansson72

Reaction score
I bought this car a month ago and i am very satisfied with the purchase. The car is in a mechanical excellent condition but i have discovered that it has some rust issues. There is some old repairs on the floor that looks to have been done by an very angry blind blacksmith. Well well,the floor pan is easy to fix. But i have a question of how to fix the rust that is located at the rear passenger side where the stub frame is bolted to the chassi. Has anyone of Done this without removing the stub frame, and in that case how did you do it. Is it possible to cut a piece of the floor and rebuild it from above? Hope you can see the problem on the picture.
image.jpg

image.jpg

i don't think you would have enough room to work without removing the frame

I can see that the space is very limited so thats why i wonder if anyone has done it from above. Cut out a big piece above the bolt and in that way have better access to the bad area.

I think the Swedes can do just fine, they just need some information from the Finns...

There is an outfit up in RI that makes frame repair patches for C's.
Anybody remember the name?

Posted via Topify on Android

I think the Swedes can do just fine, they just need some information from the Finns...

LOL, I didn't mean to sound arrogant... I'm sure the Swedes have all the skills and knowledge to fix this kind of problems. Our only advantage is the famous (or infamous) Finnish craziness while doing things! Being a little crazy is something we are very proud of. :laughing4:

He he...I can agree about that. I have seen a lot of cool customs but the most freaked out comes from Finland.

There is an outfit up in RI that makes frame repair patches for C's.
Anybody remember the name?

Posted via Topify on Android

http://autorust.com/store/

I used them for my last Sport Fury Vert and was very happy with them.. Jerry is a good guy to deal with.
He has all kinds of stuff C-Body specific.

[h=2]New Products For September - Mopar C Body[/h]
Front Subframe, Rear Section, C-Body Mopar (ART-023-S)
$329.95

Front Subframe, Rear Section, C-Body Mopar (ART-023-L)
$169.95

Front Subframe, Rear Section, C-Body Mopar (ART-023-R)
$169.95

Rear Frame Rail, Rear Portion, C-Body Mopar 1966-70 (ART-087-S)
$329.95

Rear Frame Rail, Rear Portion, C-Body Mopar 1966-70 (ART-087-L)
$169.95

Rear Frame Rail, Rear Portion, C-Body Mopar 1966-70 (ART-087-R)
$169.95

Great. I will contact Autorust to have their opinion.
The stub frame is solid so the problem is in piece that is located under the floor in the chassi, so the big question remains. Is it possible to cut a big hole inte floor and fix the rottened piece on the removed part and then weld everything back together?

Great. I will contact Autorust to have their opinion.
The stub frame is solid so the problem is in piece that is located under the floor in the chassi, so the big question remains. Is it possible to cut a big hole inte floor and fix the rottened piece on the removed part and then weld everything back together?

I say yes that it is possible

like anything else with time, money, effort, imagination, and all of the expertise on this site it can be done.

Good luck.
I am sure you can handle it.
I am looking forward to see it next year in Västeras

Carsten

I removed the interior in the weekend and it was very exiting too see what was under the carpet.
I looks more bad than it realy is. Leftovers from the original carpet mixed with some glue from the latest carpet makes it look ugly.
Well, i could have been much worse but I must replace o couple of areas with new sheet metal.
And the the earlier floor pan repair is a good example of an bad American quick fix. The sheet metal is not welded at all, just attached by a couple of pop rivets and som filler at the sheet metal edges.
The winter is long in Sweden so i have plenty of time to do this

bild 1.jpg
bild 2.jpg

bild 1.jpg

bild 2.jpg

Here's some pictures.
In my dreams... it will have a new paint in a couple of years, i think i'l go with the b7 jamaica blue metallic and a set of Magnum 500 with spinners.
IPhone 060.jpghem3.jpghem1.jpg

hem6.jpg

IPhone 060.jpg

hem3.jpg

hem1.jpg

Back