For Sale 1971 Chrysler 300

pcervantes

Reaction score
I am the owner of the 71 300 that was on Ebay in El Paso TX. Title is on hand. (Title was lost, we have now gotten the title.) Car is now for sale. All original. If interested message me.

Price is $7,500 firm

NOT MINE - 1971 Chrysler 300 El Paso TX

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

8.jpeg

9.jpeg

10.jpeg

Last edited:
Question for @pcervantes: a year ago, the eBay seller was trying to get a title for the car. Can you provide more info as to why no title has been gotten meanwhile?

PS: is the dual snorkel air cleaner original to CS23T1C147236 ? It looks good in the engine bay!

Last edited:
Question: a year ago, the eBay seller was trying to get a title for the car. Can you provide more info as to why no title has been gotten meanwhile?

PS: is the dual snorkel air cleaner is original to CS23T1C147236 ? It looks good in the engine bay!
I don't know if the dual snorkel came on the T code engines, but I can tell you it's a 71 item. See the hump along the diagonal line on the side of the passenger nostril? That's 71. 70 did not have that hump, just the diagonal line. Point is, that filter housing might very well have been there for the past 52 years.

the only T code 71 440 C bodies that got dual snorkels were those used in wagons ( and they were single exhaust)

the only T code 71 440 C bodies that got dual snorkels were those used in wagons ( and they were single exhaust)

Correct for Chryslers, but not for all C-bodies. Medina, my 1971 Monaco, has a dual snorkel cair cleaner. It is correct for that car, as discussed here.

Note: The air cleaner on my Dodge was incorrect (1973) when I bought the car, and I replaced it by a correct 1971-only dual-snorkel unit that I snagged thanks to @71Polara383 and @BLUPORT .

That's a very interesting and curious factoid.

For Chryslers T-codes, here is the reference that supports @marko's statement -- courtesy of the incredibly helpful Hamtramck Registry Library.

--> @pcervantes , do you know more about the air cleaner?

Last edited:
Correct for Chryslers, but not for all C-bodies. Medina, my 1971 Monaco, has a dual snorkel cair cleaner. It is correct for that car, as discussed here.

Note: The air cleaner on my Dodge was incorrect (1973) when I bought the car, and I replaced it by a correct 1971-only dual-snorkel unit that I snagged thanks to @71Polara383 and @BLUPORT .

For Chryslers T-codes, here is the reference that supports @marko's statement -- courtesy of the incredibly helpful Hamtramck Registry Library.

--> @pcervantes , do you know more about the air cleaner?

you are right ayilar, i was going off the Plymouth wagon info. i should have checked more deeply

Last edited:
999 paint code = Custom color - but which Chrysler color. Looks kinda like B7 but ???

Sun-baked for sure -

Have you found a broadcast sheet to the car? If so, will you be posting?

I like that there is no chrome on the car. It really calls out the body lines and the smooth crisp look.
It doesn't need all the bling to make it look like a good classy car.
Very much interested in seeing the build sheet and knowing what color 999 was.
Interesting car.
Having that title should help the sale for sure!

I like that there is no chrome on the car. It really calls out the body lines and the smooth crisp look.
It doesn't need all the bling to make it look like a good classy car.
Very much interested in seeing the build sheet and knowing what color 999 was.
Interesting car.
Having that title should help the sale for sure!
The build sheet is still in the backseat.

Great place to keep it. It's where one of mine is as well.
Can you tell if the vin match's the car? Often times the build sheets were for another car with the same interior.

20210507_195111.jpg

Not a fusie expert here, but this one has me intrigued. Could someone explain to me how the broadcast sheet would help identify the 999 color? Wouldn't it still list the 3-digit code as 999? Or would something be typed down in the remarks section, or maybe handwritten . . . ? At any rate, there's no doubt that this one was a looker when new!

I'm no expert and I learn something about sheets every day. I don't think there will be anything that calls out the color other than 999. But there is a chance of some writing on the multiple sheets that are in the car. Here again I have no past experience with any 999 coded car.
I am just hoping there is something that identifies the color. Perhaps some of the interior colors would help narrow down the exterior color.

I'm no expert and I learn something about sheets every day. I don't think there will be anything that calls out the color other than 999. But there is a chance of some writing on the multiple sheets that are in the car. Here again I have no past experience with any 999 coded car.
I am just hoping there is something that identifies the color. Perhaps some of the interior colors would help narrow down the exterior color.
We should note that it's a Y39 car. Special Order...for some reason.

Not a fusie expert here, but this one has me intrigued. Could someone explain to me how the broadcast sheet would help identify the 999 color? Wouldn't it still list the 3-digit code as 999? Or would something be typed down in the remarks section, or maybe handwritten . . . ? At any rate, there's no doubt that this one was a looker when new!
999 is the code designation for a special order color. It doesn't tell what that color is though. It could be anything.

I don't know if the dual snorkel came on the T code engines, but I can tell you it's a 71 item. See the hump along the diagonal line on the side of the passenger nostril? That's 71. 70 did not have that hump, just the diagonal line. Point is, that filter housing might very well have been there for the past 52 years.
Correct. This hose on the driverside snorkel is another ID of the 1971-only air cleaner. (I assume the single-snorkel has this also).
The thinner red line is the 'hump' Trace mentioned.

My not-complete knowledge is that Dodge C-bodies and 70 Sport Fury GT are T-codes that got the dual-snorkel.
I've never seen it on a Chrysler T-code.

1681992613150.png

Back