For Sale 1971 Chrysler Newport Royal (360 blue 2dr in Guilford, CT; down to $5k)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine. CE23K1C152299 was just listed for sale on CL. This K-code 'vert was initially offered here on FCBO by @roxtar69 for $8k back in early December; the price is now down to $5k.

The car looks good to me in the pics, with a cracked dash pad and rust in the trunk / base of rear window / under the vinyl top being the main issues mentioned by the seller. The car was repainted about 10 years ago. As the CL ad points out, the right front "wheelhouse is missing" -- the wheel well molding is certainly missing, and I am not sure what's happened to the Newport Royal scripts on either front fender (see the first 3 pics below, from the current -- Feb. 2, 2020 -- CL ad, showing the progressive disappearance of the driver-side fender scripts).

(Edit: one detail I'd not noticed before is that the Royal had different fender signal repeaters than other '71 Newports did -- rather than a chrome strip molding running the length of the fender tops, they look like the Plymouth/Dodge versions. I was puzzled but found this ad on fuselage.de that confirms the option is correct -- one learns something new every day).

The car comes with attractive Vision 15x7 wheels and also the steel originals. In the same vein, the car has a newer radio in the dash but comes with the original AM radio in the trunk.

The ad includes a pic of the VIN. It'd be great to see the fender tag, too!

00v0v_d0gBrlIzcKx_1200x900.jpg

00N0N_aBkdbnY7Rnv_1200x900.jpg

00202_byPyPp96kHd_1200x900.jpg

00707_1f7gaQwc04Q_1200x900.jpg

00O0O_dyR6djXshqI_1200x900.jpg

00q0q_6y1wg4Svl3z_1200x900.jpg

00W0W_eV20vweZuTn_1200x900.jpg

00z0z_h3Jj7CyhzqF_1200x900.jpg

00A0A_g8tj1zGSqQZ_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
Oooo, I just looked at the post of this car elsewhere on this site. Rust in the trunk. Boo!

Pretty sharp! I'd park it in my garage, if it wasnt already full, and I had the money and if Julie wouldn't kill me.....

I've found I'm one who prefer formals. But this body style is starting to grow on me. And growing on me so much that I really should look at the 70' near me for sale.

Nice car! And good call on the fender lights. Perhaps this is what you get when don't order the "light package", but order "turn signal indicators"?

something strange about that door. it looks at least 1 1/2" too low in the opening but seems to line up at the rocker okay.

something strange about that door. it looks at least 1 1/2" too low in the opening but seems to line up at the rocker okay.
Very sharp!
I'd guess it's due to picture deformation; it seems to be slightly stretched vertically.
Also look at the length of the door compared to Luigi's car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back