SOLD 1971 Dodge Polara Custom - Original Paint GY3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beep Beep Dave

Reaction score
Contact seller
1971 Dodge Polara Custom Sedan

Original Paint GY3 Citron Yella, Black Vinyl Roof and Black Cloth and Vinyl Interior
GY3 was a "High Impact" extra cost, one year only, paint choice in 1971 and was seldom seen on Performance Cars of the day let alone a Four Door Sedan Polara. I have owned this car for over 10 years and have never come across another.

The car has its original matching numbered 383 engine and torqueflite transmission with a 3:55 sure grip 8-3/4. It sounds nice and has a little giddy up to it with the upgraded 4bbl Carter, MSD Ignition and dual exhaust. I just put in a new set of NGK plugs and fresh Lucus High Zinc oil change with a good WIX filter.

The car has power steering (the only real leak on the car) and manual 4 way drums. The braking system has been gone through and works very well.

Everything else on the cars works, am radio, all the lights, horn, heater controls wipers and washer etc

The chrome and the stainless is all in good to very decent condition. This car is a survivor type car but I did replace all the side marker and tail light lenses with NOS.

Besides the GY3 paint the Polara was ordered with a tinted windshield, remote drivers mirror, the front bumper dressup mouldings, black side mouldings and the AM 5 Speaker with floor mounted cassette recorder. I do have a complete cassette recorder setup with everything you need to install and the matching AM/FM Thumbwheel Radio for extra money available.

The dash pad, all the door panels, headliner, seatbelts are in good shape. The seats covers will need to be repaired and I have a brand new carpet to go with the car.

The car does need some rust repair, with the lower quarters, dog legs and drivers front door needing some metal work. The passenger side lower front fender has had poor work done to it sometime before I got it as well as some again poorly done paint touchups to the passenger side of the car. The trunk pan is very solid as is all the frame rails and torsion bar mounts. The floorpans will need a small patch on the passenger side footwell. There was a quick repair done to the area behind the back window roof area between the glass and the Dutchman panel.

I am asking for $6500 USD for the car and it will be available til the end of October at which time I will be putting it away for winter storage.
133.jpg
134.jpg
131.jpg
132.jpg

I am in Brantford Ontario which is approximately one hour west of Toronto, one hour from Niagara Falls and three hours east of Detroit.

Dave

Last edited:
That's such a cool car. I hope it goes to a good home. I remember when it popped up on Maple Leaf Mopars years ago. Good luck with the sale Dave!

A C-body car colored just like this like this was reportedly seen by a mopar acquaintance for years over near Lockport NY in the 90's. The owner used to drive it to work all the time as it was spotted many times in the parking lot. Is this the same car? Lockport looks like a small dot on the map

Very cool car

A C-body car colored just like this like this was reportedly seen by a mopar acquaintance for years over near Lockport NY in the 90's. The owner used to drive it to work all the time as it was spotted many times in the parking lot. Is this the same car? Lockport looks like a small dot on the map

Very cool car

I know where Lockport NY is. I honestly don't know if it could be the same car. What I do know the car spent quite a bit of time in Michigan. I bought it in 2009 and I would say it was there for a good while before that.

Be neat if there were some others like it that survived out there too.

Dave

63.jpg

83.jpg

97.jpg

98.jpg

I have a photo of a 71 Monaco in the same color. Someone shot it years ago and posted it

Well there is a bunch of pictures for anybody interested. I would like to find a good home for this car, willing to listen to good offers and make a deal happen...I do have the jack, and base along with a tire iron...no spare though.

Dave

178.jpg

179.jpg

180.jpg

Here is some state of the art cell phone video from 2008 to help you find a new home for it. I only owned the car long enough to rescue it from an uncaring owner and have a little fun with it. I like your wheelcovers.

Here is some state of the art cell phone video from 2008 to help you find a new home for it. I only owned the car long enough to rescue it from an uncaring owner and have a little fun with it. I like your wheelcovers.

Was that a GT Pro on the window? What did it run? Oh I see now 15.2 at 92 mph. Not bad at all.
Funny I remember that one video but I remastered it in my brain I guess lol
Cell phone technology has really advanced over the years.

Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back