1971 Fury GT 383 6-pac

Fury440

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Watched Fantom Works S6 E9 and a customer brings in a factory special ordered 71 Fury GT with a 383-6pac. Apparently it was a prototype and shouldn't have been sold and delivered. About a year later Plymouth contacted the customer and wanted the car back, but the customer refused. If true, a very cool story.

First 383 6-pac I've ever seen!

fake...FaKe…...FAKE>>>>>>>>fake...….lm calling bullshit on this one of none...l need to drop by and check to see Bills takeing his meds....soon as the wife disappears he slips...…

So I'm making a huge batch of spaghetti sauce for the freezer and I've got the boob tube on in the background. The story of the 71 GT caught my eye mostly because nobody does C-bodies on TV shows.Then they get the 383 6-pac working. They do a test drive, bark it off the line and it barks again when it shift to second. Says it goes like hell once it reaches 1200 rpm. True car or not, I thought it was neat!

I doubt there is anyway a prototype would get near a salesman and I highly doubt any prototype got a fender tag or even a VIN.

Anyhow, it was a neat show!

I hadn't heard of this one yet. Interesting and entertaining read through all the threads. The owner sounds like a real wannabe poncy wanker kunt with his charade of fakery, storming out of the Carlisle tent, and the run-in he had with @1978 NYB that started with a fender tag photo.

Maybe he's a member here as one of the commentators that frequently drop in randomly with insults and swipes...

Last edited:
I remember that episode.This car had been on here a couple times before as someone may have mentioned too. Also the car is not a GT just a regular Sport Fury. Mopar Action Magazine featured the car in their August 2005 issue. I have that magazine, thanks to Bill (@FURYGT). In the article it says the 6 pack was not factory, and that the car was built to police specs with sharper steering and leaned less in curves.

Last edited:
He (Rikk) built it in has backyard and spun the story to match his creation. Note car also has repop '70 Challenger exhaust tips. Scoop shovels and hip boots please.

Dave

Curious to see how the owner would explain a '71 SFGT in a PH29. (GTs for '71 were coded PP) Also not available as far as I can tell with vinyl bump moldings, just with a stripe or stripe delete. Also not available with any engine except 440, 375 horse. (Two pre-production display cars were built with 440,350 horse)

Dave

Last edited:
It's all nonsense . A cool car without the mods . With the mods ok..... with the story..... ? Douche bag ....

I have seen the car at Carlisle. '69 Sport Fury fender emblems mounted on the C Pillar. "POLICE" lettered on the speedometer not "Certified". Car had an engine fire at some point. Not sure if the current owner is the one that I met one of several years when the car was Carlisle but the nonsense being spewed by that owner was about a 25 on a scale of 1 - 10. A shame because the car was very nice but for the modifications that were done to it.

Just goes to show ya how a ration of fluffing and douche-baggery can soil an otherwise cool car....

Just like Dick and the low mile 78 NY.

He (Rikk) built it in has backyard and spun the story to match his creation. Note car also has repop '70 Challenger exhaust tips. Scoop shovels and hip boots please.

Dave

So, are you saying the whole Mopar Action magazine article on the car is all bogus?

Back