1971 fury rear bumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimserra

Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm looking to convert my 1971 Fury III to a Fury I and am trying to locate a 1971 Fury I or II rear bumper/tail lights. I can purchase it outright or swap my Fury III bumper. Thanks, Jim

Welcome to the forum.
Now that's what I call 'dare to be different'. Tell us more about the car.

< Sent from my tablet >

Don't know if he can help but try Dan Corley.
He had at least good 1970 Sport Fury rear bumpers. I know he partet a bunch of Furies, just don't know if that included any 71 FUry I

Welcome to the forum.
Now that's what I call 'dare to be different'. Tell us more about the car.

< Sent from my tablet >
Thanks for the welcome. The car is a 1971 Fury III four door sedan with 27,000 original miles. The previous owner had won a couple of trophies with the car at local shows for condition and originality. I have 3 build sheets and the original bill of sale. I'm in the process of converting the car to a NYPD police car. I need to brush up on how to post photos but as soon as get it figured out, I'll put some photos up. Jim

http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=685&d=1361621935

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome. The car is a 71 Fury III 4 door sedan with 27K original miles on a 360 CID V-8. The previous owner had won a couple of trophies at local car shows for originality. The interior is in near mint condition. The 41 year old vinyl top was perfect but had to be removed in order to convert the car to a Fury I NYPD Police car. I have the original bill of sale and 3 build sheets. Here is my first attempt at posting photos. Jim

fury rear.JPG

fury roof.JPG

fury driver side.JPG

fury passenger side.JPG

The car is a 71 Fury III 4 door sedan with 27K original miles...
Won a couple of trophies at local car shows for originality....
The interior is in near mint condition.
The 41 year old vinyl top was perfect...
Jim, I have to warn you. A lot of people are going to jump all over you for making that car into a cop clone.
How thick is your skin?

BTW, everybody. The pic is proof positive you can use a U-Haul dolly to drag your C-body home.

Last edited:
I'll be the first one to say I wouldn't but no hater if you do.

The tow home was about 800 miles so we removed the driveshaft and taped up the tail shaft so that we didn't lose tranny fluid. The tow car was a Chevy Avalanche. I searched hard and long for a decent 4 door sedan and when I found this Fury I decided this would be the car. I've been wanting to do a project like this for over 25 years and I'm sure this car will be a survivor for many decades to come. I worked in the NYPD from 1968 to 1992 and drove these when they were new. My son is also entering the law enforcement field and is a car enthusiast so I'm sure this car will see more than it's fair share of car shows in the future. Here is what she'll look like when she's done. Jim
vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php
The tow home was about 800 miles so we pulled the driveshaft and taped up the tail shaft so we didn't lose tranny fluid. We towed it with a Chevy Avalanche.
I searched hard and long for a decent 4 door sedan and when I found this Fury I decided this would be the car. I've been wanting to do a project like this for over 25 years and I'm sure this car will be a survivor for many decades to come. I worked in the NYPD from 1968 to 1992 and drove these when they were new. My son is also entering the law enforcement field and is a car enthusiast so I'm sure this car will see more than it's fair share of car shows in the future. Here is what she'll look like when she's done. Jim

I searched hard and long for a decent 4 door sedan and when I found this Fury I decided this would be the car. I've been wanting to do a project like this for over 25 years and I'm sure this car will be a survivor for many decades to come. I worked in the NYPD from 1968 to 1992 and drove these when they were new. My son is also entering the law enforcement field and is a car enthusiast so I'm sure this car will see more than it's fair share of car shows in the future. Here is what she'll look like when she's done. Jim
vbpgimage.php
You won't hear any crap from me, then. GO FOR IT. You earned it.
Will love to follow along.

Over the last 35 years or so, I'owned the following 1913 International Harvester High Wheeler, 1930 Model A Ford, 1940 Chevy sedan, 1940 Buick Sport Coupe, 1953 Willys Aero Falcon coupe, 1957 Belair convertible, and a 1966 Mustang convertible. All cars were maintained in stock or near stock original condition with no replacement motors, body modifications, etc. Besides the Fury, I have the 57 Belair pictured (numbers matching, factory dual 4 barrels, frame off restored in 1992) as my wife and I had one of our first dates in a black 57 Belair ragtop back in 1967. I paid $450 for that one. My first new car was a 68 Z/28, triple black with R/S hideaway lights. It was $1450 down and finance $2000 for 3 years. I sold it when I was running 12.9's at 112 mph in 1970 for $2500 to buy a bedroom set. I tell people I feel bad that I don't have the car but at least I still have the same wife and bedroom set-LOL
vbpgimage.php

And don't export any of them, right? Sorry, Carsten but it's very similar rationale.

Hey, Jim, cool story, cool project. Welcome!

More photos please.

Hi Ross,

if it s a very low mileage original car which won awards: No, it is the wrong car to "customize" it. It will be a clone, not the real thing. I understand it won't be easy to find a genuine police car.

So it is possible to buy a different car. In example one with a repaint in a non orignal colour etcetc. Of course it shouldn't be a wreck but simply not something which is ultra nice and original.

And that is the difference with the export: The car stays as it is and doesn't get destroyed. It is even possible to sent it back. But once a survivor has been cloned into a police car it can never be returned into what it was.

Carsten

Hi Jim,

don't get me wrong, I don't want to beat on you.
It is your car and you can do with it what you want. I am just not a fan of destroying/customizing/cloneing any real nice genuine car.

Have you tried to find an original?
Did you ever have contact with "billyfury" (http://sportfurygt.com) ?
He has a huge amount of projects and a lot of Fury I orignal police cars. Maybe he is willing to sell one of these to you or can give you a lead to one.

Carsten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back