Reaction score
Contact seller
1971 Plymouth Grand Fury 2500.00
(not mine).
01414_jAuiU3ccKaO_1200x900.jpg

00n0n_zQbvi7oPw6_1200x900.jpg

00X0X_7ClSWnP3fKP_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting that it has the Sport Fury grille. Anyone notice the Bricklin next to it.

All Gran Furys in '70 - '72 Furys had hidden headlamp grills.

Last edited:
I drove one of those Paisley cars for a long time in college. Once 1981 rolled around and the vinyl wasn't even remotely "groovy" anymore and the rust crept in....it went to the demo derby world.

Before I bought my Hurst, I scoured the Earth to find a restored/ready/original survivor car (not a project). I only found the Hemi transplant car, and had it been on the market I'd paid for it.

The 1970 and 1971 "Paisley" editions were called Gran Coupe, to be exact. In 1971 it was available as a 2 door hardtop or 4 door hardtop and even if ordered with four doors it was still called the Gran Coupe.

Last edited:
According to the map car is located just north of Pittsburgh,Pa off of RT 8 pictures look to be in an industrial area.

Here's a pic of my Dart, and to the right you can see a bit of my folk's Paisley Car, taken July 1973.

Grand Coupe 2 door, 360 2bbl.
Paisley.jpg

I requested more pics. I don’t have much faith in the Craigslist e-mail relay though.

This is my 71 Gran Coupe Fury. It had the paisley top as well as the paisley interior, but I replaced the top with black when the paisley rotted. Interior was restored using NOS paisley vinyl. Paint went from Tahitian Tan to Burnt Orange (same as my 70 Sport Fury that went away many years ago - Would love to find that car).
That PA car would make a great Fury restoration for someone....

DSCN0292.JPG

As a follow-up, when I was trying to get the new top, I ordered one from Legendary. They sent the semi-fastback, vice the formal roof that my car has. After a couple back-and-forths and measurements they finally got it right and I got a formal top for my car. I still have one of the fast-back black tops if anyone is interested

DSCN0299 (2).jpg

Was the round drivers side mirror an option for 71? I thought the 71 fury had a rectangular outer mirror.

Was the round drivers side mirror an option for 71? I thought the 71 fury had a rectangular outer mirror.
Mine was round. I think Mopar used what they had and the round or square (the one in the pic is the first I have seen) were both correct. Personally, I like the round better....

I just realized that in that pic of mine above, my folk's Paisley had no right side mirror. How is it that we thought this "normal"? As soon as I got my Hurst a year ago, I started searching for the correct right mirror...on there now. But it's still mostly useless for seeing what's going on over there! :steering:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back