1971 monaco exhaust parts

dustin71

Reaction score
Hey All this is my first thread on here, Im haveing a very hard time finding an exhaust and headers for my 71 monaco. I would like to get ceramic headers, with a dual exhaust setup. YES IM NEW TO WORKING ON CARS lol. I dont want anything crazy loud just something that sounds good when let it go ! ,
any tips would be great thanks for your help !
:sSig_thankyou:

I will keep you all posted with some newer pictures ! :]

Got 383 big block bone stock !

Last edited:
I looked in the gallery..............Nice hardtop Monaco! Looks to be in excellent shape:congratualtions:

yea sorry about the photos i took them with my Iphone, ill post some new ones once the weather gets better her in ontario !

.... ill post some new ones once the weather gets better her in ontario !
:tiphat:Welcome aboard from a fellow Ontario resident. It's been a long crappy winter all right. I installed the TTI system mentioned by Dave on my 68 Monaco with HP logs. It fit nicely, it was an easy bolt up. With a set of noisy mufflers it shakes the neighbours windows just fine. :devil1: TTI will sell you a matching set of more civilized mufflers if you are so inclined. BTW hope to see your fine ride at Moparfest this year.

ahh yes , I have heard much about Moparfest, outside of Kitchener this year!
We will see if i head out ! My main goal is to just get this car running mint, have afew small things to fix, Tranny pan gasket oil pan gasket , and the rad has a small leak. which im getting fixed tomorrow. then i just have to pick out some new white walls for her ,I have not actually driven it yet accept to and from storage since it has been leaking a few fluids due to bad gaskets ! I CCANT WAIT !

what size exhaust do you think would be ideal ! My friends are sayign togo 3 inch im feeling thats a little over kill! what do you think?

3" is too big in my opinion. If your going with headers I would take it down to 2 1/2" ........... H.P. manifolds have a 2 1/2 exit so I would stay with that all the way back. The regular manifolds are 2 1/4, it would make no sense to up size except for appearance. Two and a half is what I think looks best and performs best.

Go with the 2-1/2" if you are running a warmed up stock engine.
3 inch will be too loud,a drop in low end torque, and a very tight fit.
The 3 inch is more suited to a heavily modified or race built engine.
I ran the TTi 2-1/2" and it was worth every penny.i was very happy with the fit,finish,and overall performance of it.
Plus it was quiet at speed and made noise under a load,LOL!! Loved the deep tone at idle,too.

how do you guys feel about the headers. what would be the diff between ceramic / non ceramic. buddy from tti saidthe under the hood temp would be lower .. does it make a difference?

You always want to keep the temperature down. Heat from headers can be tough on parts like a starter and wiring and it could make your floor around your pedal area hot (From experience). Keep it cool........

Back