NOT MINE 1971 NY 2 door 6950.00 in PA not mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

marty mopar

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Tempe AZ (hotter than a turd on a frypan)
717 area code would put it in central to semi eastern PA.

71 NY coupe 1.JPG

71 NY coupe 2.JPG

Jeff

That's no small feat to pass PA inspection.
No, not inspection. Vehicle disassembly until we find something wrong, you pay to have it put back together and get a sticker. Mechanic welfare program.
Mechanics don't have to cheat you in Pa to earn a buck the state insures plenty of work.

I've lived in GA so I know the garbage that drives around in that state.

Good point. Not nearly as many beaters on the road in Pa as there used to be.
I live in the 717 area code area. I have someone that does my old cars and would pass that car with no problem. Not to nit picky about stuff

A repaint of a car in PA always makes me wonder about rust, but at least judging from the door jamb, it does look like original B7 blue for 1971 (a little bit more purple in the color than in 1970). Lower rear quarters is always a likely spot for rust. The lack of whitewalls, dull repaint with ugly incorrect red pinstripe on body and wheels and only two photos hurt the sale a lot. No data code plate either.

Interior does look nice however.......................

All it takes is a set of roadies and some white stripes....

71 NY 3.JPG

...................and you have a completely different car.

Lost the skirts in the process too.

Jeff

All it takes is a set of roadies and some white stripes....

View attachment 417272

...................and you have a completely different car.

Lost the skirts in the process too.

Jeff

You have great taste Jeff - and all I would revise a bit is add a white double pinstripe down the whole length of the car to match the factory one........................and delete the incorrect one...............

You have great taste Jeff - and all I would revise a bit is add a white double pinstripe down the whole length of the car to match the factory one........................and delete the incorrect one...............

Thanks!

I would have liked to fix the pinstripe too, but the old photo program that I used isn't precise enough for that kind of fine work. I'm actually surprised that it's still compatible with current operating systems, since it dates back to 1999.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back