1971 Plymouth Fury 3 Radiator

Savage

Reaction score
I have just started to restore my 71 Fury with a 383 6.3L. I am in need of new radiator or having mine rebuilt but don't really know where to begin. My Fury does have AC. Can someone please help?

There are radiator shops that will recore your existing 26" radiator. It may be expensive, as in 500 or so. There are some companies that sell aluminum radiators for half that price. They function well but are incorrect in appearance.

I would think in your area there must be somewhere that has an old style radiator shop. I know there are not many any more and I frankly miss those days but the ones still in business most likely may be good. Do a search and check out the antique guys. These are not that old comparatively . If you don't care about originality then there are many possibilities.
A price of 500 would be great ,,my wife's 2011 Jeep grand Cherokee's rad would be 1000.00 Pay the price at a good place and be done with it. I do not know about C bodies but with my 86 glhs Omni I went from a 2 row to a 3 row,,,or was it a 3 row to a 4 row ,,I cant remember but in any case ask if there is an upgrade with the stock size. If it were me I would want it stock looking.

Summit sells original style radiators too and you can find one that will do the job there, should be less than $250 shipped too. Look up the Spectra brand.

Back