For Sale 1971 Plymouth Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

DusterKid

Reaction score
Contact seller
1971 Plymouth Fury - parting out or will consider selling entire car less motor and trans, asking $700 OBO for car or let me know what parts you need. Car is located in Keymar, MD

fury (1).JPG

fury (2).JPG

fury (5).JPG

fury tag.JPG

Hey can you shows us a pic of the engine bay and also the interior? Thanks.

It has headlamp washers - you can see the brushes by the headlights.

I just checked the miles to my place, 340 miles, Eep, well that's five hrs. Hmm, if you were willing to deliver the car minus motor and trans for that $700 I would say yes. It's a long shot I know.

I just checked the miles to my place, 340 miles, Eep, well that's five hrs. Hmm, if you were willing to deliver the car minus motor and trans for that $700 I would say yes. It's a long shot I know.

Not willing to deliver. Would like it to be picked up

An update on the car. Currently have a guy interested in the complete car, so I'm holding off on selling any parts to see if the deal goes thru or not.

Guy decided not to get the car, back up for sale as a whole (minus motor + trans) or for parts.

All deals interested in the entire car have fell thru, will be parting out the car. Let me know what you need. Thanks.

PM = Private Message sent.

I will take the washer bottle, if it in good condition and isn't cracked. Sold.

Not sure if it's the same . I am looking for the trim at the front of the rear interior panel . Both sides . Mine is a '69 Fury Convert .
Would you know if the drivers door molding is the same as a '69 ?

20171115_181057_1510854744966.jpg

Not sure if it's the same . I am looking for the trim at the front of the rear interior panel . Both sides . Mine is a '69 Fury Convert .
Would you know if the drivers door molding is the same as a '69 ?

View attachment 152042

I don't know if they are the same, but I can take pics of the one on the car and maybe someone will chim in if they are the same or not.

Here's the indicator light for the headlight washers. Thought it had a separate button but doesn't look like it in this photo. I attained one of these bezels from a derby buddy probably 10 years ago, and have NEVER seen another one before or since.

Dusterkid - Save all that headlight washer system stuff (switches, whole harness and/or pigtails, brackets, headlight buckets, etc), take lots of pictures of it, how it installs, etc. It is SUPER-RARE, I believe it's 71 only, Fury only. It's not worth a whole lot, but saving it for the right guy is the right thing to do. Good karma for you. (you will probably never see another set again either!)
upload_2017-11-18_13-33-18.png

Here's the indicator light for the headlight washers. Thought it had a separate button but doesn't look like it in this photo. I attained one of these bezels from a derby buddy probably 10 years ago, and have NEVER seen another one before or since.

Dusterkid - Save all that headlight washer system stuff (switches, whole harness and/or pigtails, brackets, headlight buckets, etc), take lots of pictures of it, how it installs, etc. It is SUPER-RARE, I believe it's 71 only, Fury only. It's not worth a whole lot, but saving it for the right guy is the right thing to do. Good karma for you. (you will probably never see another set again either!)
View attachment 152316

Every '71 Gran Coupe should have had headlamp washers so it is not super rare, just rare on something other than the Gran Coupe. They were optional on Sport Fury, Sport Suburban & GT models. The system used a relay set up. If the headlamps were on and you washed your windshield your headlamps also got washed. Doesn't make sense that they used a separate washer reservoir when they could have just put a tee in the hose coming out of the washer bottle and run a line to the headlamp washers. Maybe they figured that the washer bottle did not have enough capacity. The headlamp washer set up was also an option on '71 Chargers but used a separate switch that was mounted under the dash to activate the headlamp washers. The green dash light would light up when the headlamps were being washed on the Furys with this set up. The headlamp washer system did not work well when it was new. I never got the headlamp washer system to work on my former GT but got close.

It is a cool option i owned a 71 Gran coupe with it and i still have a spare cluster and a brush or two.

Thanks, FuryGT! I looked back thru the 6 or 7 71 GF listings I had saved and they all had it, all of the ones with sufficient pics to determine it, anyway. Even the beige Gran Sedan had it. So I learned something new today as well.

Do you know production totals for 70 and 71, Grans, for beige or brown, Sedan or Coupe? 70 was coupe only, wasn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back