1971 Plymouth Sport Fury GT Brogham & U code Super Comando

Sure hope you are younger and in good health since all previous owners of this car passed away. In short they are dead and so is this a jinxed car? If it were a ship it would definitely be considered a jinxed ship...

A note like this is in bad taste. Disappointing at best.

That car couldn't be in better hands. Glad you are posting the progress, going to be a special car

Good to see progress !
I hope you will enjoy it soon and will have many great days with it!
Look forward !

Carsten

latest...res isn't great but am getting pics...Pauls not a tech fan so communication is limited...should be some hi res pics coming but am on the road so getting them to me is somewhat of a challenge
getting the ole fella ready for the rack....

interesting tidbit in regards to Chrysler quality...Pauls telling me that the bushings that hold K member to frame consist of 6 rubber bushing/conection points....anyway apparently the middle set were never installed..he says there no indication of any bushings ever being there...am shure he'll have some h/res pics for us at some point..

Story related to me by Bill was a story regarding a fella who started on a Chrysler assembely line and was tasked with installing 20 bolts type idea...anyway fella tried and tried to meet his limit but could only get 15 complete and was afraid of hitting the stop button and stopping the line to which he approached his foreman and explained his situation to which point his foreman said not to worry about it..hell he could only get ten done.....

I know of those extended length chassis in 71, whats interesting to note is that in Australia all the 71 pillarless cars had steel bushings, great big lumps of metal they were.

Torsion quiet suspension. I don't believe there are repro bushings, but I've heard get a couple of regulation NHL hockey pucks, drill a hole and install, it's the same material.

Now that is the way to restore a C body. Meticulous work that gets results.

I had just one question for Paul - how did he get the console lid on that Fury free of small bumps that virtually every one I have ever seen has after all these years? Did he recover the lid somehow? That foam seems difficult to work with and also bulges around the edges after all these years as well.

You got the right guy for that SFGT.

I would have to query ..... sometimes it's not about questioning the craftsmans methods but to add to your own knowledge. It's all gotta come out anyway

Im my dream world, I would have someone like that restore my dream car and he would let me come everyday and watch every step.

This car is going to be Amazing, Cant wait for more updates he is already making tremendous progress.

I would have to query ..... sometimes it's not about questioning the craftsmans methods but to add to your own knowledge. It's all gotta come out anyway

Just talked to paul and asked him about the dash
basicly hasnt gotten to it yet however he says he likes to flip the car on its side on the rack then he can just stand up to remove dash while car is fliped
personaly woulda just lied on my back to get at it but like his idea better. Easyer on body,,, were not getting any younger

Now that is the way to restore a C body. Meticulous work that gets results.

I had just one question for Paul - how did he get the console lid on that Fury free of small bumps that virtually every one I have ever seen has after all these years? Did he recover the lid somehow? That foam seems difficult to work with and also bulges around the edges after all these years as well.

You got the right guy for that SFGT.

Paul decided to strip the wood grain decal and "paint" his own wood grain. Looks better than the decal!

this what you need?

Back