SOLD 1971 Plymouth Sport Fury GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wollfen

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
After much humming and harring and weighing the pros and cons, I have decided to see if someone would be interested in purchasing my GT, many of you know the journey I took to bring this car back from the dead and for those of you who don't, here is a link to see that journey from the time of purchase to putting it back on the road. Wollfen's 1971 Sport Fury GT !
Now the car isn't perfect, but its very original and a damned nice driver. Sadly I just don't take it out enough and I still have my S23 project that has slowed to a crawl, it needs more funds.
I am open to offers approaching $20K, thanks!

1971 GTA.jpg
GT.jpg
GT2.jpg
GT3.jpg
GT4.jpg
GT5.jpg
GT6.jpg
GT7.jpg
GT8.jpg
GT9.jpg

When I decided to get back into the Mopar world 2+ years ago after a loonnnng absence, I was looking for a 71 Fury Grand Sport. You know the car...the brown with crazy paisley vinyl top and innards. My folks bought one in 71 and it eventually became mine. Drove it until 1982 when rust took it to the boneyard. Loved that thing. I never found one in our current world, and I would have bought this beauty in a second if I didn't buy the Hurst in 2018.

Last edited:
Nice car...seems like reasonable entry in to a very rare C-Body Muscle car.

Go find one cheaper.....not going to happen.

Best of luck with the sale!

Hey Gary, I love this one, always had. Back in 2016 you had wanted to bring it to Carlisle, now next year is the 50th anniversary, any chance if it doesn’t sell??

So console, power windows, air, but no Light Group? Coolest and most unique part of a 71 GT is the fender turn signals.

I am posting pics of the trunk extensions here, they are mainly good but do have some rust out along the bottom edge, at the time of doing the back of the car I was in a rush to get it ready for Carlisle and felt I could put it off , then later I forgot about it. As the pics show, there isn't much to see, getting pics up there is difficult. I am including a pair of extensions that can be used for patch repair.

inner rear.jpg
inner rear1.jpg
inner rear2.jpg
inner rear3.jpg
inner rear4.jpg

Okay so the car isn't charging but i still have all electrics, so it cant be the ammeter, i was reading this link to determine the gremlin. Underhood Ammeter Bypass
I pulled the new alternator and put the original back in, no dice, I also pulled the regulator and swapped it out, still no charge. Okay so I'm going to run the alternator up to Advance Auto and get them to check it for me, probably buy a new regulator too.
Blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back