1971 Polara 2 door Hardtop.

71Polara383

Kid with ballcap
Reaction score
Just got back from picking up my newest addition. I am very impressed. Car is very solid for being in the rust belt. A LOT cleaner then my Brougham. I am very pleased with this car. Showing 85k on the clock. Very cool color. Q5 turquoise. The engine cranks over as it should and I am confident it will run with a tune up and the basics. It was bought new in at Olsen Dodge in Omaha Nebraska with a delivery date of March 8th 1972. I have an intact build sheet. Interior is in very good unrestored condition with very minor imperfections. I am grinning ear to ear. Should be running this week sometime. Stay tuned.

IMG_20170923_205107.jpg

IMG_20170924_144216.jpg

IMG_20170924_144513.jpg

IMG_20170924_144141.jpg

IMG_20170924_124519.jpg

IMG_20170924_142243.jpg

IMG_20170924_150428.jpg

IMG_20170924_124519.jpg

IMG_20170924_144216.jpg

IMG_20170924_144513.jpg

Sweet find, glad to hear it probably exceeded your expectations in person, usually the other way around. I can hear the excitement in your post, Christmas came early.

Sweet find, glad to hear it probably exceeded your expectations in person, usually the other way around. I can hear the excitement in your post, Christmas came early.
I was very anxious of the cars condition. I was told it was very very solid and to come out and look at it. Definitely rolled the dice going off only the pictures in the Craigslist ad. I knew it wouldn't be perfect because it is 46 years old. I am very pleased.

Congrats. Looks like a solid platform to work on. Hard to tell from your pic but what colour is the interior? Please keep us posted.

Congrats. Looks like a solid platform to work on. Hard to tell from your pic but what colour is the interior? Please keep us posted.
It is black. Very dirty still, will post pictures this week after I clean it up and put my Cordoba aluminum rims on it. Hoping for a local show in October. I just wanna drive Dad's car finally after all these years.

Thanks for stealing another one from my state! Just kidding, congratulations on getting the car, I know the seller talked it up as being a very solid car. And he mentioned your enthusiasm for the car, too! I hope the info I shared with you helped on the price. I look forward to seeing you get this one all shined up!

It is nice to see there are still solid unmolested cars out there. Looking forward to watching your progress, love the color by the way.

It is nice to see there are still solid unmolested cars out there.
The fact the car was in Minnesota and survived so long, I'm impressed. It was in a garage for a long stretch of time, and that definitely helped save it. We usually can look through some part of the car up here.

The fact the car was in Minnesota and survived so long, I'm impressed. It was in a garage for a long stretch of time, and that definitely helped save it. We usually can look through some part of the car up here.

I would loved to have looked into this one. Its optioned curiously ...

This 71 was sold new in March '72. At this time at Chrysler, the lots had as many leftover 71's as MY 72's.
Actually, it was not hard to find leftover 70's in 72.

As I noted in the for sale thread, my lifes agenda has changed. There has been several cars 70-72 Polara / Monaco within the last 6 weeks that I would have jumped at . Funny how that works. Im glad Wyatt picked it up. I do believe he will appreciate it most

Im glad Wyatt picked it up. I do believe he will appreciate it most
That was the feeling I got from the seller and Wyatt when I messaged him. Anyone looking for this car their whole Mopar life, would be a good caretaker. Another happy ending for a nice car.

You mean happy beginning! I had said something about making it just like my dad's car. Probably won't be changing color. It looks more Blue in pictures but it is a gorgeous turquoise. It will eventually need to be repainted, but for now I just plan on getting it running and mechanically sound.

Back