NOT MINE 1971 Polara Custom 2dr in Germany (yellow, 360)

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
The eBay seller is asking for 17,900 euros for this Dodge with GY4 Light gold (aka Honeydew at Chrysler) / V1X black vinyl top / L1Y5 cloth-and-vinyl bench seat interior. The car is located in Westoverledingen.

The fender tag is hard to decipher but the paint code, top code, and engine code (E57 K-code) are there. The top is not original (cue the lack of seams). I wonder if the car was repainted, as the outside paint looks great whereas there is surface rust inside the engine bay. The radiator and the washer bottle are not original either, and the top rad hose is located incorrectly. The gold interior looks in very good original condition, save for the armrest (and assuming the pad is not cracked under the rug). Good looking car, hope it goes to a good home.

$_573.jpg

$_572.jpg

$_57.jpg

$_579.jpg

$_578.jpg

$_576.jpg

$_575.jpg

$_574.jpg

$_577.jpg

Last edited:
Nice car but he needs to contact Bob Baker ABC Moparts for that arm rest.
Accidentally I ordered a pair of gold armrests for my Newport (same color) last week via their website. 10 minutes after my payment via PayPal the money was returned with the statement from Bob that the gold armests were unavailable right now and it was unclear when or even if they were available in the future...:(:(

The eBay seller is asking for 17,900 euros for this Dodge with GY4 Light gold (aka Honeydew at Chrysler) / V1X black vinyl top / L1Y5 cloth-and-vinyl bench seat interior. The car is located in Westoverledingen.

The fender tag is hard to decipher but the paint code, top code, and engine code (E57 K-code) are there. The top is not original (cue the lack of seams). I wonder if the car was repainted, as the outside paint looks great whereas there is surface rust inside the engine bay. The radiator and the washer bottle are not original either, and the top rad hose is located incorrectly. The gold interior looks in very good original condition, save for the armrest (and assuming the pad is not cracked under the rug). Good looking car, hope it goes to a good home.

View attachment 436884

View attachment 436885

View attachment 436886

View attachment 436878

View attachment 436879

View attachment 436881

View attachment 436882

View attachment 436883

View attachment 436880

Look closer, I see the seams for the top... However, I am skeptical thats the original color for the top. Need to see a clear shot of the tag!

I believe this car is the same as the one sold in 2018 mentioned here.

It looks like some interior work was done, and maybe some exterior. What a price difference a few years and a change of location makes! I’ll take a dozen like that at the 2018 asking.

I believe this car is the same as the one sold in 2018 mentioned here. It looks like some interior work was done, and maybe some exterior.

I think that you are right.

I had thought the same thing ten days ago, but at the time I dismissed it because the interior was in good shape in the German ad yet looked torn in the 2018 US ad. HOWEVER, I now wonder if the interior was redone after the car got to Germany. There are two spots that, now that I look at the cars again, look very similar: one is the stain pattern from the gas pedal onto the transmission tunnel, and the other is the discoloration of the headrests. As well, the fact that the car does not have power brakes is AFAIK rare for a 1971. The voltage regulator is also the same (incorrect) unit. Put together, I think you're right!

Thank you for making the connection. Perhaps folks who looked at the car then -- @polara71 and @OneEyedEagle -- could chime in, as could @Tobias74 and @fc7_plumcrazy (who keep track of cars crossing the pond to Germany). I think they'll be able to confirm your hunch. Would be great if anyone has a clearer photo of the tag for records.

What a price difference a few years and a change of location makes! I’ll take a dozen like that at the 2018 asking.
Add the costs of shipping, restoring, and certifying the car for Europe to the original $5k ask, plus some C-body price inflation in the past 3 years, and I think you get part of the way there. Whether it explains all of the price difference would require knowing more about what was done between October 2018 and February 2021.

Last edited:
it is the same car.
Got originally imported by a dealer in Papenburg, germany and sold.

BTW: The german ad is deleted so it seems to have sold again

Carsten

it is the same car.
Got originally imported by a dealer in Papenburg, germany and sold.

BTW: The german ad is deleted so it seems to have sold again

Carsten
That’s right the car got imported by Deniz, the car needed a fair amount of work including new frost plugs.

Back