For Sale 1971 Polara, Nicely Done Modified to 6Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
This appears to be a car from one of our own members, nicely done with a 6bbl conversion.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Dodge-...ash=item2a820fdb87:g:nXgAAOSwaEhZFhYR&vxp=mtr

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Condition: Used
Seller Notes:
“PURCHASED OFF EBAY FROM BUILDER DAN STATES AUGUST 2014. DAN BUILT THE CAR TO LOOK LIKE A FACTORY OPTIONED MUSCLE CAR & CALLED IT THE HP2 EDITION DODGE. HE ASKED THE QUESTION: WHY DIDNT DODGE BUILD A C-BODY MUSCLE CAR DURING THE FUSELAGE YEARS LIKE THE CHRYSLER HURST & PLYMOUTH SPORT FURY GT? THEN HE BUILT HIS OWN! 1971 WAS THE LAST YEAR FOR 440 6 PACK CARS & IT APPEARS SO FACTORY THAT MANY DONT REALIZE ITS A ONE OFF EXAMPLE, ITS LIKE A PROTOTYPE SHOW CAR! IT BEEN STORED IN A HEATED GARAGE SINCE PURCHASE & ONLY 650 MILES HAVE BEEN ADDED SINCE. IT ALWAYS STARTS UP, DRIVES GREAT & I WOULDNT HESITATE TO DRIVE IT ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY: MANY PEOPLE SAY THIS BUT I MEAN IT! THE OUTSIDE OF THE CAR HAS BEEN PAINTED & DONE VERY WELL BUT ALL OTHER PAINT: DOOR JAMBS, UNDER THE HOOD & TRUNK, ETC. ARE ORIGINAL. THE WHITE VINYL TOP IS ORIGINAL AS IS THE INTERIOR EXCPET FOR THE CARPET. IT DRIVES FANTASTIC, FLOATS OVER THE ROAD & HAS TOO MUCH POWER! EVERYTHING & I MEAN EVERYTHING IS LIKE NEW!”
Year: 1971 VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): DE23G1D299825
Mileage: 39,733 Exterior Color: blue
Make: Dodge Interior Color: blue
Model:
Polara
Number of Cylinders: 8
Trim: HP2 440 6 Pack 4 Speed Sure Grip Transmission: Manual
Engine: 440 6 barrel Body Type: Coupe
Drive Type: RWD Vehicle Title: Clear
Fuel Type: Gasoline Sub Model: HP
For Sale By: Private Seller

This is it before the transformation. I remember this car being for sale and no one wanted it when it was original
299825 2011 quarter left.jpg

I really dig it.

Would even more with some Rallye Wheels, RWL, and chrome bumpers

edit:

I really dig it.

Would even more with some black steel wheels, chrome lug nuts, RWL, and chrome bumpers

Last edited:
I like the car but found it to be mundane when it was original and Im not floored by it today . I like it and I hope he gets what hes looking for out of it.

That's cool, up above, the photo of the car BEFORE the build, Id never seen that. Its for sale because I simply don't drive it. Car shows have died out around here & who has the time to go if there were? If it doesn't sell I will be glad to keep her but it would be nice to find out I'm not the only one who thinks its special. Dan built it right & Ive kept it perfect since.

I'm not surprised it took Dave about 2 minutes to find this thread. This car is one of several C Bodies I've seen lately that are priced at a level that seems high. Are we starting to see a trend because IMHO the mods make this one interesting but not that special?

That's cool, up above, the photo of the car BEFORE the build, Id never seen that. Its for sale because I simply don't drive it. Car shows have died out around here & who has the time to go if there were? If it doesn't sell I will be glad to keep her but it would be nice to find out I'm not the only one who thinks its special. Dan built it right & Ive kept it perfect since.

Glad you showed up to comment on your car. I like it a lot and know that the sum of the original purchase price, work, and parts is probably many times what you are asking whether you paid more or not .. someone did.

The value of the work the previous guy did/had done and parts are not cheap to replicate.

P.S. to no one specifically don't bother to tell me you can't expect to get your time compensated for yada yada yada

I'm not surprised it took Dave about 2 minutes to find this thread. This car is one of several C Bodies I've seen lately that are priced at a level that seems high. Are we starting to see a trend because IMHO the mods make this one interesting but not that special?

I think it's pretty special. Not too many 69-71 C bodies have big block/440+6, 4 speeds executed this well and with such attractive color combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back