For Sale 1971 Sport Fury GT rare color $35K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fury Pursuit

Reaction score
Contact seller
I've inspected this car at a local show....it's a nice car, the asking price is optimistic, or maybe not. For the asking price I would expect some incorrect "issues/parts" to be corrected.

I've no relation to the seller.

This does make a 71 GT $2K restoration project seem like a reasonable deal in my opinion.

Start snapping these up guys,.....it's not like they made 500 of them!

L-S6/L-78 power in a full size Plymouth,..........not hard to want one.

1971 PLYMOUTH SPORT FURY GT

Last edited:
At some point I will own one of these. Always wanted one but like Carsten I will be very selective on which one is the one. Not a bad looking car but I don't see this even as a 25000 car.

No A/C & Headers....This will not leave, Stan very happy...

01616_hneZPiGyacf_600x450.jpg

Nice car...would b nice to see someone here step up to the plate for it......

No A/C & Headers....This will not leave, Stan very happy...

View attachment 106747
I don't see a "restored" car as he claims.
I see a nicely painted and a somewhat detailed car.

I know it's easily correctable but a snakes nest of spark plug wires irritates the crap out of me when a car is overpriced by 10-15 grand. Yah, nit picky but you get the jist of what I'm saying.

I know it's easily correctable but a snakes nest of spark plug wires irritates the crap out of me when a car is overpriced by 10-15 grand. Yah, nit picky but you get the jist of what I'm saying.

Yup wrong alt pulley stuff like that...i agree at that price

Make offer on car that takes those flaws into account. Remedy them. Enjoy car for a year or two. Resell at higher price.

None of that car's flaws are deal killers. I see opportunity.

That is not a colour to be photographed on a overcast day. I bet it would look much better with more light. Too bad the owner passed away. I am sure it is not easy for the family to sell his prized possession. Hard car to price just because it is hard to find any comparables.

Thanks for posting the link.

Dave

That is not a colour to be photographed on a overcast day. I bet it would look much better with more light. Too bad the owner passed away. I am sure it is not easy for the family to sell his prized possession. Hard car to price just because it is hard to find any comparables.

Thanks for posting the link.

Dave

Yup. Better photography, national exposure would do a lot to help sell that car. Again, opportunity.

I've seen a lot of nice C bodys for sale at over valued prices by owners or family who really don't understand the market.
I can see where it would be easy for someone to over estimate value based on the cars features and merits. Most of the big C's are pretty impressive cars when taken in context.
The following and demand just doesn't add up though. A tough lesson for inexperienced sellers. To bad, they will steer away most of the potential buyers, most who won't be around when reality sets in and the asking price gets more reasonable.
Any one who is interested would do well to make a contact, offer a polite reality check with price references, and leave a phone number

Make offer on car that takes those flaws into account. Remedy them. Enjoy car for a year or two. Resell at higher price.

None of that car's flaws are deal killers. I see opportunity.

not just to Carmine but to those knowledgeable in pricing of SF GTs w/o console or air etc

Assuming the car is pretty nice/correct in person and body work is properly done so it will stay nice if taken care of ... and noting the incorrect things already pointed out (plus any that the person who saw this car in person might have seen) and assuming it's actually painted the correct burnt orange and not a similar incorrect color ...

What is it worth ?

Agreed, You get "all" the money if the car is worthy. This is a really nice car, but you can't ask that money with those "flaws".

Nice Fury!

I've run into the "overpriced by heirs" thing before. Eventually, they realize what the market really is and sell at a reasonable price. Could take many months for reality to sink in.

Yup. Better photography, national exposure would do a lot to help sell that car. Again, opportunity.
Gawd forbid Lakeland Lash gets it, gives it one of his rattle can details and a Glamour Photo Shoot.
$60,000.00

I myself have reached out to sellers and politely inquired how they came about their hallucinogenic asking price.
1. A $15,000 #4-5 Chrysler.
"I checked on ebay and it has the 440 just like GTX's" :BangHead:
2. A $25k Royal Monaco.
"Our friend who knows all about cars... " :BangHead:

Tried talking nicely to both of them but it was the same as if I was :BangHead:.

Just too irritating and frustrating to want to do it again.

Last edited:
I bought a 61 Chrysler 300G off a craigslist ad that was similar to this. It was being sold by the widow of the owner and they were asking an astronomical price. Waited them out a month and I think I got a great deal on the car.

I bought a 61 Chrysler 300G off a craigslist ad that was similar to this. It was being sold by the widow of the owner and they were asking an astronomical price. Waited them out a month and I think I got a great deal on the car.

You probably did, but you also gambled and won. If you gotta have the car, its ok to over pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back