WANTED 1971 Superbee

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrashingcows

Reaction score
Contact seller
So I've decided since I'm looking for my dream car I'm going to be a bit more picky about what I'm willing to purchase.

My dream car is a 1971 Superbee in GF7 Dark Green Metallic, 383 or 340, other options are not too important.

Car must have a clear title in sellers hand, WM23 VIN and matching Fender tag with matching numbers on the body as well. Will consider anything from a Project to a turn key car.
Non-numbers or missing motor and transmission is fine.

Might consider cars in the following colours as well....
GA4 Light Gunmetal Metallic,
GA8 Gunmetal Gray Metallic,
GF3 Medium Green Metallic,
GK6 Dark Bronze Metallic,
GT8 Dark Tan Metallic,
GY8 Gold Metallic,
GY9 Dark Gold Metallic,
and perhaps B5 or B7 blue.

Check FBM in Paducah Ky region. Not exactly your color but nice survivor. I know the car and its real deal

Whew, I sold my 1971 Charger R/T about 6 months ago - WS23, GF7 with D5X9 black/white houndstooth bucket seat/rallye instrument cluster interior, console - but it was a 440HP so I am glad it wasn't the engine of your choice or I would have felt bad it didn't go to you.................. It was virtually rust free and a very nice California car..............

I wish I was about 30 years younger.................................:BangHead:

I decided I would never get to it since I have so many C bodies ahead of it.

Last edited:
I always thought the ‘71s were a cool remodel, especially with that pop up air grabber. What makes the engine and color choice your dream car? Something you owned in the past?

8 or 9 years ago I had the perfect project for you. Tawny gold over tan, numbers matching 383 3 spd manual car, remember it?

OOOOOHHHH that Gold sounds awesome! Would love to see that one!

Whew, I sold my 1971 Charger R/T about 6 months ago - WS23, GF7 with D5X9 black/white houndstooth bucket seat/rallye instrument cluster interior, console - but it was a 440HP so I am glad it wasn't the engine of your choice or I would have felt bad it didn't go to you.................. It was virtually rust free and a very nice California car..............

I wish I was about 30 years younger.................................:BangHead:

I decided I would never get to it since I have so many C bodies ahead of it.

I might consider a 71 R/T in GF7 if I can't find a Bee....I would have been interested for sure!

I always thought the ‘71s were a cool remodel, especially with that pop up air grabber. What makes the engine and color choice your dream car? Something you owned in the past?

I've never been drawn to the big HP motors...440/6bbl or Hemi, really don't find them that desirable to be honest. A good old reliable 318, 340, 360, 383 or maybe a 440/4bbl is all I've ever needed. As for car and colour, the 71 charger and specifically the Super Bee I have lusted over for as long as I can remember, and the color because a friend has an EF8 70 Challenger and 70 Bee in this colour and I have fallen in love with it over the years.

I know the GF7 is slightly lighter then the EF8 but it's as close as I can get to it in a 71 colour....if the car I get needs to be painted I might have a mix up and actually by pure chance paint it EF8...;)

8 or 9 years ago I had the perfect project for you. Tawny gold over tan, numbers matching 383 3 spd manual car, remember it?

I do love the GY9 Tawny Gold...such a gorgeous colour as well!

Check FBM in Paducah Ky region. Not exactly your color but nice survivor. I know the car and its real deal

Just checked out the cars in that area, which one...The FJ6 car? I already spoke with Tim about his car and passed on it, not really the colour I'm looking for and he mentioned someone coming down in person this week to check it out.

OOOOOHHHH that Gold sounds awesome! Would love to see that one!

There was a dealership that was selling a 71 Bee recently, I hummed and hawed over it...they redid it as a 383/4spd in EV2 and Black interior, but the tag was a 383/auto, bucket, console, in GY9 with a gold interior and a Gold vinyl top with stripe delete. I'd have loved that car in that original colour combo, and I probably would have added a gold stripe kit to round it out...;)

So I've decided since I'm looking for my dream car I'm going to be a bit more picky about what I'm willing to purchase.

My dream car is a 1971 Superbee in GF7 Dark Green Metallic, 383 or 340, other options are not too important.

Car must have a clear title in sellers hand, WM23 VIN and matching Fender tag with matching numbers on the body as well. Will consider anything from a Project to a turn key car.
Non-numbers or missing motor and transmission is fine.

Might consider cars in the following colours as well....
GA4 Light Gunmetal Metallic,
GA8 Gunmetal Gray Metallic,
GF3 Medium Green Metallic,
GK6 Dark Bronze Metallic,
GT8 Dark Tan Metallic,
GY8 Gold Metallic,
GY9 Dark Gold Metallic,
and perhaps B5 or B7 blue.

Good luck with your hunt! Very cool cars indeed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back