1972-73 IMPERIAL FOR SALE Tracker starting NOW into INFINITY.

Offered in Wausau WI by this guy

Screenshot_20190606-094551.png

Somebody should go after it. A coupe for $4500.00 is a deal if it isn't a rust bucket or has a dead horse engine.

Somebody should go after it. A coupe for $4500.00 is a deal if it isn't a rust bucket or has a dead horse engine.
Blue would look good, and help complete your rainbow! I'm sure you would if you could. Maybe Mrs. McNeedy would be thrown off by a green, then blue, Imperial. "What color is that car?"

That looks like GB7 = Evening Blue in my eyes with V1X, V5X and MRB8 (black vinyl, blue leather buckets). The paint is rough and there´s rust under the vinyl top on the left side of sail man panel, but it has a lot of potential.

Last edited:
Finally got to see the car yesterday. Overall not too bad for a Wisconsin car, with over 100,000 miles on it. Owner claims the engine was rebuilt a few thousand miles ago. It starts right up. New Edelbrock carb, choke and cruise not hooked up, running a little rich, chrome air cleaner. He thinks he may have the original air cleaner, but not the carb. Has a little exhaust leak on one manifold. Did not get to drive it, but he claims it drives like a dream. Just needs front shocks, that he will include in the deal. The interior isn't too bad. Blue cloth, tears in the driver's seat bottom, and a tear on the back of the seat back. Door panels, dash, and headliner are decent. Broken hood release cable. Auto-temp not working. Right door window needs work. Headlight doors operate correctly. Body appears real solid with some rust under the vinyl roof, and a couple of holes in the left rear quarter behind the wheel. Hood is tweaked, and shows some oil canning. Rear bumper has a small dent. He has the factory wheel covers. So, all this car needs is to be stripped to bare metal, some rust repair, a full paint job, a new vinyl roof, new side trim, some upholstery, some weatherstriping, some mechanical, some plating, tires, and ??? I hope this car gets saved, but I'm not the guy to do it. He's not in any hurry to sell it, and is firm at $4,500.00. If you have the purchase price handy, please have another 10 to 12 grand available to give it the loving restoration it needs. As the owner kept reminding me, coupes are rare.

Finally got to see the car yesterday. Overall not too bad for a Wisconsin car, with over 100,000 miles on it. Owner claims the engine was rebuilt a few thousand miles ago. It starts right up. New Edelbrock carb, choke and cruise not hooked up, running a little rich, chrome air cleaner. He thinks he may have the original air cleaner, but not the carb. Has a little exhaust leak on one manifold. Did not get to drive it, but he claims it drives like a dream. Just needs front shocks, that he will include in the deal. The interior isn't too bad. Blue cloth, tears in the driver's seat bottom, and a tear on the back of the seat back. Door panels, dash, and headliner are decent. Broken hood release cable. Auto-temp not working. Right door window needs work. Headlight doors operate correctly. Body appears real solid with some rust under the vinyl roof, and a couple of holes in the left rear quarter behind the wheel. Hood is tweaked, and shows some oil canning. Rear bumper has a small dent. He has the factory wheel covers. So, all this car needs is to be stripped to bare metal, some rust repair, a full paint job, a new vinyl roof, new side trim, some upholstery, some weatherstriping, some mechanical, some plating, tires, and ??? I hope this car gets saved, but I'm not the guy to do it. He's not in any hurry to sell it, and is firm at $4,500.00. If you have the purchase price handy, please have another 10 to 12 grand available to give it the loving restoration it needs. As the owner kept reminding me, coupes are rare.

only 2322 2dr hardtops in 72. If I only had the price at hand...

Thanks for that detailed description!! Now everyone on this board knows what's going on with the car and hopefully someone has the money and motivation to save it from the derby guys or rotting away in the backyard

I actually had the cash with me. And I can afford the restoration. But I have several other projects already. This one was so near by that I had to at least go look at it.
My wife stopped over at one of my shop buildings last year. I have owned this building for several years, but since this was the first time that she had been there, I gave her the "Grand Tour". Once we were done, she said, "Do you realize that you have 19 old cars and trucks sitting here?" I said, "Sounds about right." She said, "Do you have a plan for all 19?" I answered, "Yes, I intend to live until I am 278 years old, and fix all of them up!" She sighed, and said, "Well, at least you have a plan." This little incident has worked out well for me, as she has gotten 19 vehicles stuck in her mind, somehow forgetting that I have another shop building, and a pole building. A fellow that I know once told me, " If you know how many you have of something, you don't have very many!"

I actually had the cash with me. And I can afford the restoration. But I have several other projects already. This one was so near by that I had to at least go look at it.
My wife stopped over at one of my shop buildings last year. I have owned this building for several years, but since this was the first time that she had been there, I gave her the "Grand Tour". Once we were done, she said, "Do you realize that you have 19 old cars and trucks sitting here?" I said, "Sounds about right." She said, "Do you have a plan for all 19?" I answered, "Yes, I intend to live until I am 278 years old, and fix all of them up!" She sighed, and said, "Well, at least you have a plan." This little incident has worked out well for me, as she has gotten 19 vehicles stuck in her mind, somehow forgetting that I have another shop building, and a pole building. A fellow that I know once told me, " If you know how many you have of something, you don't have very many!"
My evolution with my wifey and the Imperials is just for her to see only one or two (max) at a given moment. :lol:

The color on this Imperial is one not seen too often.
I became aware of this car back in early December, and at that time he wanted $7500. I was tempted, but just couldn't do it, since I had just picked up the 71 NYer in September, but before we could come to an agreement, the owner sent a text, saying he was sorry for wasting my time and let me know his wife decided they shouldn't sell the Imperial.
Not in the market any longer for this one, but I hope whoever buys it, will restore it back to its former glory.
This is the only pic he sent me....
Blue 72 Imp.jpg

Back