1972-73 IMPERIAL FOR SALE Tracker starting NOW into INFINITY.

Uh Oh - there goes reasonableness out the door again. Oh how I know the feeling Doc!! Good luck, as the car looks gorgeous. The only way it could be better is to be a 73 with those gorgeous grilles and knockers on it! (the latter is for Kenny's sake!! :lol:)

it looks pristine on the photos but 15K is more than just optimistic. Anyways that color combo is highly desirable and therefore it will
rack up a higher price than a lets say brown or golden 4 door in the same condition. I think 10K is not out of range ...

it looks pristine on the photos but 15K is more than just optimistic. Anyways that color combo is highly desirable and therefore it will
rack up a higher price than a lets say brown or golden 4 door in the same condition. I think 10K is not out of range ...

I am not so sure the car isn't worth it. Very pristine and the underhood looks very respectable. I note that the car has had the Performance Analysis Company Auto-Temp II servo installed so that suggests the Auto Temp will not be an issue going forward. As I stated in the past, I also have one on my 1972 Imperial that is still working great after about 10 years now (that unit alone was $800 back then).

And I really doubt the reserve on that pristine 71 on Ebay right now would go for any less than significantly above the price of this one:

For Sale - Not Mine - 1971 Imperial on eBay

You could buy another one like this blue one at $10K that isn't so pristine and spend another $5K on it, at least, and still not have as nice a car as this one appears to be.

I am not so sure the car isn't worth it. Very pristine and the underhood looks very respectable. I note that the car has had the Performance Analysis Company Auto-Temp II servo installed so that suggests the Auto Temp will not be an issue going forward. As I stated in the past, I also have one on my 1972 Imperial that is still working great after about 10 years now (that unit alone was $800 back then).

And I really doubt the reserve on that pristine 71 on Ebay right now would go for any less than significantly above the price of this one:

For Sale - Not Mine - 1971 Imperial on eBay

You could buy another one like this blue one at $10K that isn't so pristine and spend another $5K on it, at least, and still not have as nice a car as this one appears to be.
I live in Denver area now. So, I can visit/inspect if anyone has the need.

It's a rare example of a CL seller uploading pictures that advertise the car. Let's not be fooled by the beautiful Rocky mountains. the pictures don't verify that the frame is solid. No close ups of the notorious rust spots like window frame, wheel wells, rocker panels,trunk.

I just don't like to hype a car before there's no evidence of its true condition

It's a rare example of a CL seller uploading pictures that advertise the car. Let's not be fooled by the beautiful Rocky mountains. the pictures don't verify that the frame is solid. No close ups of the notorious rust spots like window frame, wheel wells, rocker panels,trunk.

I just don't like to hype a car before there's no evidence of its true condition

For that price I would definitely have the car checked out to be certain it is what is claimed if I were interested, but I aready have 72 4 door version, so I am not in the market. I am only saying from what I can see (and I am never persuaded by the background of photos) the car has above average care and I am not spotting any really standout issues from what is there. Given the condition of the seats, too, I also believe the mileage claim since I know full well that cloth doesn't usually stand up so well. My version has 80K miles on it (but has also spent its existence in California too where it gets really hot) but it is starting to tear as a result. And a car like that with original paint also commands a premium if the claim holds up.

At least it isn’t sitting in a driveway with a hose. It may actually be road worthy.
Seats are clean and no trash on the floor. At least they are trying to present it decently.

Damn it.Can,t people put a real car cover on a very rare coupe,wash it,wax it,run it,just take a little care of it.Now the vinyl has baked off and it,s beautiful in black paint.The lines are accentuated.Lazy,lazy.lazy.Cars stored out side need 4 times the attention beacuse of heat and cold.I,m mad but someone will save it.B.B

Wow.I,m still really mad about that black 2door.Can that roof and rear plug be fixed without spending 5 thousand dollars on fix,and vinyl roof,metal work.I just don,t have the money to fix this.But i love Imps. and these 2 doors were so cool.Remember,save all 2door cbodies!!! yay.B.B

Wow.I,m still really mad about that black 2door.Can that roof and rear plug be fixed without spending 5 thousand dollars on fix,and vinyl roof,metal work.I just don,t have the money to fix this.But i love Imps. and these 2 doors were so cool.Remember,save all 2door cbodies!!! yay.B.B

I totally agree with you. At the same time, due to the plague, all this stuff no longer matters.

I'll say this, if the car has been in colorado it's whole life there is no way that the frames are bad. Even if someone had a hose on it it's entire life the frames won't rot. I've yet to buy a Colorado car that had bad frames.
Sure, rear quarters at the very bottom where dust gets in and holds moisture happens. But Colorado cars are some of the best in the nation.
There just aren't that many here. Back then there weren't near as many people as the rest of the USA. So they are far and few between.

The one from post #619 ended up for parts

_20200509_213801.JPG

No.I,m on facebook.The above is a very recent photo.Car is still there.It shows on Mopars for under 15,000 site.The guy wanted 1200.00 for it with no buyers.I mean somebody with a little money on the side can just fix that roof and take time with the rest.The interior alone should sell the car.I just don,thave the money to fix that roof and evrything else with the body.B.B

Back