1972 Chrysler New Yorker 9 passenger wagon - $8750

Factorial

Reaction score
Not mine.

00A0A_6wfU3hOiNZT_1200x900.jpg

Factory 440 4 barrel dual exhaust
All original accept repaint darker color green years ago. Original interior in great shape for age, no rips. Very nice car, not perfect as it's almost 50 years old but it's very solid.

Rear door opens both ways meaning like a truck or like a door.
Rear window works
Power windows
A.C. but not currently working
Fender tag present and I would bet build sheet is in it somewhere.

Great C body example

In pics 1 side has 17" magnums and the other is 17" Rallys, your choice for 9750 or I can put the wheels it came with it back on for 8750

Clean title in hand for easy transfer, ready to roll

1972 Chrysler New Yorker 9 passenger wagon

This wagon has come up more than a few times over the years. Not sure if it sells or is still the same owner. Price goes up and the condition goes down. That's not a factory clock, is it? :lol:
00000_fHXPb1YGFsr_600x450.jpg

Did the NY'er wagon slot in just below the town and country?

These wagons don't seem to come up too often.

I like them better w/o the faux wood grain.

These wheels don’t look right at all...
561FDD89-B1F6-4975-8858-EF0D3C8D45D3.jpeg

These are worse.:wtf:
9DC89637-C191-470F-BD5A-164726C687A5.jpeg

Wheels? Now you know that many Mopar people want to put some different wheels on these luxury cars to give them a bit more "attitude", it seems. Each has their own orientation and taste. Can't argue with that, but not original as some might like better.

To me, one major thing about aftermarket wheels, unless they are a very popular item, is that 5 years down the road, there could well be a different version that's not an exact match if you might ruin one. Much easier to use factory OEM/repro wheels than not. It might well handle better with the 17s, but with more impact harshness in the ride.

Seems like I recall the "which ever set of wheels you like best" situation.

All things considered, a pretty nice car, even if it is green.

CBODY67

My issue with wheels is that given the age of these cars finding decent stock rims can be hard and not even mentioning wheel covers.

The other issue is finding tires of the correct size that are whitewall and "decent". The choices are dwindling for non-repro tires. Hate to pay $250/tire for a "drive around" car. There are some 17" sizes that are the same diameter as the prior 15" tire sizes.

CBODY67

Getting back to the original paint appears to be just a pressure-washer away.

On the other hand, given that the side moldings are aftermarket-drill-and-rivet junk, have fun welding 189 1/8th" holes shut.

IMG_20181227_040221.png

It is a Town and Country. See the photo above. It is missing the wood grain applique' and the correct upper and lower side moldings. Note the molding around the cornering lights on the fenders. That molding should continue down the side of the car.

To me, the issues with the wheels are that the tires on the wheels are way too small. Overpriced IMHO and I would be concerned how the holes etc. for the factory moldings were dealt with.

My issue with wheels is that given the age of these cars finding decent stock rims can be hard and not even mentioning wheel covers.
Well this guy didn’t even manage to find 4 of the same aftermarket wheels...:realcrazy:

Did the NY'er wagon slot in just below the town and country?

These wagons don't seem to come up too often.

I like them better w/o the faux wood grain.

65 was the last year for Ny´er and Newport T&Cs. After that they were only T&Cs.

Well this guy didn’t even manage to find 4 of the same aftermarket wheels...:realcrazy:

Tru dat, lol. I've never seen those retro rallye rims in anything larger than 17". If they did 18", they'd have tons of folk buying them for new-Challengers... myself included.

(18" needed to clear the brakes)

It is missing the fender skirts too. Didn't the Town and Country station wagons have skirts starting in 1972? If I'm correct the 1972 and 1973 are the only fuselage body years that had skirts on them.

There's a lot to like, but there's definitely enough missing or wonky to argue over that pricing.

Also, please do your part to combat Anti-Green bigotry. #GreenRidesMatter :D

Back