SOLD 1972 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gluchie

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi all, I am having to relocate out of state and cannot take my 72 NYB. It's a beautiful vehicle that runs excellent. It was appraised at $8500. Asking $8000 or best offer. Currently stored at Canton Car Cave. I am hoping to give her a good home and have not listed her anywhere else. One of our C Body members has been the only mechanic to work on her.
IMG_4790.JPG

Last edited:
I don't have the exact mileage. I need to go look. Tires are virtually new everything work except antenna. Has aftermarket radio. I will post updated pics when I get mileage. Thank you Marko for your wise words and input.

IMG_4784.JPG
Here is the tag I believe was requested, I honestly don't know the value, only the appraised value. I am not trying to break any rules, I was kind of throwing this out for advice and guidance. I had believed this group was a family of sorts.

So, that's a "walnut" colored vinyl top?

That is one awesome car. You should have no problem selling her here.

Definitely want to see more of her current condition.

Hi Gluchie: Former downriver rat here, I was in town last weekend, would have stopped by.

You have a very nicely optioned Chrysler New Yorker Brougham. I ran down the information on the fender tag:

C - Chrysler New Yorker
S - Special - Brougham
43 - 4-door hardtop
T - 440 - 4 bbl
2 - year - 1972
C - Jefferson Ave Assembly Plant
288,652 - Serial Number Starting at 100001

R32 - Dual Rear Speakers
V5T - Body side molding - Tan
G11 - Tinted Windows
P45- Trunk Release
M45- Fenders Skirts
P31 - Power Widows
P41 - Power Locks
S61 - Tilt - Telescope wheel
N95 - NOX Exhaust - Emissions
V1T - Full Grain Vinyl top - Tan
H51 - Signal AC / W Heater
R48 - AM/FM with stereo search
L31 - Fender Mount Signals
HL4 - Paint Code - Sahara Beige
H7L3 - Interior - Parchment - cloth / vinyl
601 - ?
E85 - ?
D34 - Torqueflite Transmission

If you can get us the mileage and let us know if the areas prone to rust, inside of the trunk, around the vinyl top at the bottom at the rear window / base of the trunk, the fender skirts, and if the A/C works : )

I can see from the photos you also have power seats. I like the vintage 1982 MI plates.

^^^Nice and helpful!^^^

I'll insert couple of additions and reorder the tag entries:
Hi Gluchie: Former downriver rat here, I was in town last weekend, would have stopped by.
You have a very nicely optioned Chrysler New Yorker Brougham. I ran down the information on the fender tag (...)

E85 - 440 4bbl engine
D34 - Torqueflite Transmission

C - Chrysler New Yorker
S - Special - Brougham
43 - 4-door hardtop
T - 440 - 4 bbl
2 - year - 1972
C - Jefferson Ave Assembly Plant
288,652 - Serial Number Starting at 100001

HL4 - Paint Code - Sahara Beige
H7L3 - Interior - Parchment - cloth / vinyl
HL4 - Paint Code - Sahara Beige (interior door frames)
601 - Scheduled Build Date = June 1, 1972
250129 - Order number

V1T - Full Grain Vinyl top - Tan
H51 - Manual AC / W Heater
R48 - AM/FM with stereo search
R32 - Dual Rear Speakers
L31 - Fender Mount Signals

M45- Fenders Skirts
P31 - Power Widows
P41 - Power Locks
S61 - Tilt - Telescope wheel
N95 - NOX Exhaust - Emissions

V5T - Body side molding - Tan
G11 - Tinted Windows
P45 - Trunk Release (vacuum-activated; release button in glove box)

Last edited:
These Are some pictures I took today. I had more but they are in a format(Apple Live:mad:) that won't upload. Will have more tomorrow.

IMG_9012.JPG

IMG_9014.JPG

IMG_9015.JPG

IMG_9016.JPG

IMG_9017.JPG

IMG_9018.JPG

IMG_9019.JPG

Very nice and clean. The under hood labels all look good /appropriate for the mileage of 30K, as does do the rubber window/door gaskets and the hood insulation pad. Appears to have a after-market over-flow tank. Someone took very good care of it. Is the car in MI?

Yes,but I believe it is 130K though. The CNYB is in Canton Michigan at the Canton Car Cave On Michigan Ave.

Guys I checked this car out today as you know I’m in the market. Car is super solid. Definitely a 130k mile car( I know there was some debate about it) But it’s in fantastic shape. Underneath looks great. It does have a pretty good power steering leak but that wouldn’t be no biggie to fix.

Well Gary made me a deal I could not pass up. Great price plus he's delivering to my home.
Now I just have to make room for my Chrysler as Big As A Whale sits about 20!!!!! (B52 song)
Nice car, I did drive down and look at first but did not review paper work as mentioned here. If it's not 30,000 miles it certainly in the condition of one.
Thanks Gary, now need to make room in the barn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back