1972 chrysler newport custom

ricks_RR

Reaction score
i have a question did the 1972 newport customs come with skirts . was it a special order i dont have the build sheet on the car .
0802171846b.jpg

thank you was not sure the car just turned 50,000 looking for the molding

So according to that page the skirts were a special order item on newport custom's and newport royal's.
Or, Optional Equipment denoted as an E.

Now I wonder what the build sheet readout is for that optional equipment.

So according to that page the skirts were a special order item on newport custom's and newport royal's.
Or, Optional Equipment denoted as an E.

Now I wonder what the build sheet readout is for that optional equipment.

not “special order”. Just optional.

Ok. I was wondering about my "special order" designation there.
Just optional equipment. Meaning just check a box for the non standard item.

thank you was not sure the car just turned 50,000 looking for the molding

If you're looking for the rear wheel opening moldings, you might want to contact member @oliver, I'm pretty sure he had a couple sets of those as well as well as other 1972 Chrysler moldings.

Great looking Chrysler BTW

Wow! I stand corrected.

The data books contain mistakes but they are, usually, a great starting point for questions just like this.
One of the reasons I was so gung ho on getting the books online was so the information was out there for everyone to access. I just happen to have a 72 Chrysler order sheet to help reinforce the point.

thank you for the help . this car has a little history to it it was owned but Tex smith for awhile . the guy i bought it from was very good friends with him before Tex died . Tex wrote a few books on chryslers and hemi motors . I'm sure most people have seen his books or read them.

Back