For Sale Ads From Other Sites

1. BLIMP

BLIMP Senior Member

How about combining Monaco AND Polara headlights haha 20180816_124611.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  2. saforwardlook

saforwardlook Old Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

It might be a combination of issues given that the parts car is high off the ground, the valence is missing and the tires are missing too. All I can say is that I very much like the view of these cars including the front end as shown in the photo above yours of the one that I used to own (post #29) that is taken in a normal perspective. What I can say for sure is, although I you own a 1973 Polara I believe, I really do not like the front end of that 73 model much at all since it is all squared off, thereby having the appeal of a formal to me, but just a little better because the rest of the car still has some fuselage look to it. To me a formal look means no real style, just a boxy but luxurious look. I prefer designs that flow and have contours to them that say"style" and reflect real inspiration from a creative designer.

The part that I do like about your 73 Polara is that it is a Spring Special with a unique interior. I own a 73 full size Dodge, but it is a Monaco that stays true to real style in my view.

upload_2021-8-4_18-4-9.jpeg

For me, the best looking Polaras overall were the 1969-71 models.

Your views may vary..........................and that is fine....................

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  3. tbm3fan

tbm3fan Senior Member

No problem as I like the 69 and 70 quite a bit more like you say. However, at the time there was only one plain white 69 sedan on the market in Northern California. I had seen my Cougar Club members 73 Air Patrol car and thought cool. A 73 did pop up and other than a few dents and a little rust along the back window trim everything else was super clean in and out. Being so cheap there was no way I could simply wait things out for a similar condition 69-70 to show up. In the end a 69-70 has never shown up in similar condition around here and that was 11 years ago.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  4. saforwardlook

saforwardlook Old Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

The 69 Polaras and Monacos just never seem to show up anymore at all - in coupe form at least. It is really strange how they seem to have just disappeared. I have been looking for a better example of my 69 Monaco coupe to show up for at least 10 years now and so far, nada.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. fc7_plumcrazy

fc7_plumcrazy Old Man with a Hat

they are not seldom everywhere:) IMG_2407.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  6. commando1

commando1 One Sick Puppy FCBO Gold Member

Find me a BB coupe w/air that left the factory without a vinyl roof.
    I seen a handful over the years.

• Like Like x 1