WANTED 1972 Fury Hidden Headlight Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

1970FuryConv

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
My 1972 Fury has open headlights. I'd like to convert to hidden. Need Everything. Grill motor, rods. entire grill, all mounting brackets. Prefer to pay more for excellent condition. You can PM me with what you have or post here. Thanks, Ben
What I want to change:

20180121_152615.jpg

will need wiring and relay that is part of the wiring loom under your dash as well

will need wiring and relay that is part of the wiring loom under your dash as well
Hey Gary. You're right! And I hope the relay is in operating condition. I don't know how I could get an aftermarket relay to perform the same function. If I had to go with an aftermarket relay, do you have any recommendations?

When I converted my 1970 Fury convertible to hidden headlight grill, I had a parts car and was able to use the Chrysler relay and wiring out of it. I've never figured out what aftermarket relay would perform the same function. Thanks, Ben

Hi Ben, I'm not sure what aftermarket relay will do the job, but I have a suspicion it is unique to chrysler, somebody with a bit more knowledge should chime in here. I think there were comments in another thread related to this about headlight motors this last couple of days.

My 1972 Fury has open headlights. I'd like to convert to hidden. Need Everything. Grill motor, rods. entire grill, all mounting brackets. Prefer to pay more for excellent condition. You can PM me with what you have or post here. Thanks, Ben
What I want to change:

View attachment 248447
Hello, about the relay for the hiden headlights!
The ones used for 71-74 charger will interchange. If you look on the web I think is on a B-body forum they explain how to make it functional using new modern relays.
Very helpful information as the original type relays are scarce and very pricey!

Hello, about the relay for the hiden headlights!
The ones used for 71-74 charger will interchange. If you look on the web I think is on a B-body forum they explain how to make it functional using new modern relays. Very helpful information as the original type relays are scarce and very pricey!
I have acquired one of the original relays. I spoke with a rebuilder and it is possible to rebuild the relay. I may go that route.
I also considered this, which may be the substitute Charger relay you mentioned. Last resort for me, only if mine is not rebuildable.
Mopar Dodge Charger Hideaway Headlight Relay | eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back